Attention: CYCC players - CFC membership is required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention: CYCC players - CFC membership is required

Please ensure your CFC junior membership is current when you get to Windsor.
    There are a large number of players who need to renew before the CYCC.
    If you can renew online at the CFC website before tuesday, great.
    You can pay at the door, but that will only slow down the process.

There is always a lot of confusion around memberships, let me explain why.

To play in CFC rated Junior events, CFC membership is not required.
    You play, you get a CFC number and rating, all for free. The organizers pay a modest rating fee.
    But there is one exception, membership is required for the CYCC.

Every year there are many new kids (and parents), either their first year playing or first time at the CYCC. Having played in a qualifier tournament, and other junior tournaments, they have a CFC member number and a rating, so understandable believe they are paid up members. No, sorry.
    When you play in the CYCC, or graduate to adult tournaments, you discover membership dues. It isn’t a lot, but they are necessary.

You can check the CFC website for your status. Go to “check my rating” area, type in your name, and look for expiry date. If expiry date is July 1, 2016 or earlier, you need to renew.
    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Thursday, 30th June, 2016, 05:09 PM.

Re: Attention: CYCC players - CFC membership is required

I assume FQE mmbership is sufficient for Quebec players?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
      I assume FQE mmbership is sufficient for Quebec players?
      That is correct.

Comment

I have a list on expired memberships for CYCC participants on the CFC website.
        Please check the list to see your dues are up to date.

Here is the list....
        http://miltonchess.ca/images/cfc/cyccdues

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          Please ensure your CFC junior membership is current when you get to Windsor.

There is always a lot of confusion around memberships, let me explain why.

To play in CFC rated Junior events, CFC membership is not required.
          You play, you get a CFC number and rating, all for free. The organizers pay a modest rating fee.
          But there is one exception, membership is required for the CYCC.
          After getting CFC number and rating from a CFC rated junior event, need CFC membership to play in CFC rated tournament that is not restricted to Juniors or can still play without being counted for rating?

Comment

Originally posted by Keerti Nyayachavadi View Post
            After getting CFC number and rating from a CFC rated junior event, need CFC membership to play in CFC rated tournament that is not restricted to Juniors or can still play without being counted for rating?
            I am not sure I understand the question, but if you buy a CFC membership to play in CFC rated tournament that is not restricted to Juniors (or the CYCC): Yes, you are still eligible to play in a CFC rated junior event.

Whether or not a chess event is CFC rated, is up to the event organizers.
            Whether or not it is regular rated or active(quick) rated, depends upon the time control. More than 1 hour per player=regular, less than 1 hour= quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              I am not sure I understand the question, but if you buy a CFC membership to play in CFC rated tournament that is not restricted to Juniors (or the CYCC): Yes, you are still eligible to play in a CFC rated junior event.
              Apologies for not making myself understood, let me rephrase my question.

a) play in a Junior tournament - say OYCC, gets CFC number and rating for free without CFC membership

b) after having obtained the CFC number and rating for free from the junior tournament, can the same person play in a CFC rated tournament that is not junior but a mix of adults as well as juniors (take CYCC out of picture not relevant to my question) and get CFC rating updated without having CFC membership

Comment

Bottom line, once a CFC membership has been purchased, you have the same rights and privileges to play in any CFC rated event (junior or adult) that a regular CFC member is eligible for.

Comment

Originally posted by Keerti Nyayachavadi View Post
                  b) after having obtained the CFC number and rating for free from the junior tournament, can the same person play in a CFC rated tournament that is not junior but a mix of adults as well as juniors (take CYCC out of picture not relevant to my question) and get CFC rating updated without having CFC membership
                  The player can play in tournaments without a CFC membership but needs to purchase a "tournament" membership every time he plays (that quickly accumulates to the value of the CFC membership)
                  However, several official tournaments require that players must be CFC members. The CYCC is that kind of a tournament.

Comment

Working...
                  X