Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big thank you to the Organizers of this year CYCC

https://www.facebook.com/Canadianwycc2014/

I would like to thank the Organizers in this year CYCC for an awesome job.

The arbiters, Aris M, Brian C, Andrew P and others did a great job managing the tournament.

Organizers, Vlad D ( CFC president ), Chao Diep, Christina Tao, Isabella Hui and many others ( Volunteers ) did a wonderful job in hosting the tournament.

This is the second year in succession that Windsor had hosted CYCC and they had really made an impact in raising the level of hosting a big tournament.

Congratulations for a job well done and I am sure many will agree with me a although ( as all things ) it can be improved further.

Next year CYCC will be in Saulte Ste Marie to be hosted by Andrew Peredun

Thanks again

Re: A big thank you to the Organizers of this year CYCC

I would also like to express my appreciation for the graciousness of the Windsor volunteers, especially Chau who kept Brian and me fed so that we could keep on going! ;)

Thank you Windsor!

Comment

I totally agree. Great job Windsor!

Larry

Comment

Thank you to all the well wishers. It was definitely a great experience for the organizers as well. Watching the smiles and occasional squeals of delight by the children after an intense several months of nail biting made it all seem worthwhile. The parents were also great. I am also very thankful for the great job done by all the arbiters and the volunteers. I have a Canadian Open to prepare for otherwise I would be writing pages of thank you's to everyone involved.

A very popular wrinkle was the game analysis by occasionally 2 grandmasters (Alexander Cherniaev and Gergely Szabo) and 2 national masters (Vlad Drkulec and Zoltan Kiraly). Alexander only got his visa for Canada two days before CYCC so even that did not come together until the last moment.

Comment

Working...
        X