Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you!

Hello everyone,

I am writing this post to say thank you for everyone that came to say goodbye to me.

Special thanks to Hans and Gordan that came all the way from Kitchener to come say goodbye to me.

Other players like Trevor Vincent, Egidijus Zer, Erwin Casareno, Erik Malmsten, David Peng, and others came to play in the tournament and wish me well.

I just wanted to wish everyone all the best in everything (life & health).

I am going away on a very long vacation to Seattle (until Dec 13), but I am in process of applying for a Visa - who knows what will happen in the next few months.

To those of you who do not know, while I am there I will be studying chess (which I already have) - I've got a coach and will play in tournaments around the west coast... hope to make the Olympiad team again.

I am not trying to make excuses but since the last Olympiad I competed, I have been so focused on my teaching that I lost my chance in being apart of the team.

I wish everyone all the best and hope to see you in December.

All the best,
    Liza
    Last edited by Yelizaveta Orlova; Thursday, 14th July, 2016, 02:24 AM.
    Sincerely,
    WCM/WNM Yelizaveta Orlova

Re: Thank you!

Right back at you, Liza, all the best to you in Seattle.

As to your "who knows what will happen ...", I'll send you on your way with a droll Terry Pratchett quote, "Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out til too late that he's been playing with two queens all along." (:

Comment

Re: Thank you!

The air was so hot that even a camera did not coloborate LOL

Erwin vs Erik

Comment

Working...
      X