• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAYCC standings after round 3 and pairings for round 4

standings after round 3

pairings for round 4

Re: NAYCC standings after round 3 and pairings for round 4

I just wanted to take a moment to thank John for getting these posted so quickly and thoroughly every single round! Brian is doing a great job onsite getting the onsite stuff done on time, and then John gets things posted online in a tremendously timely manner. John, we tip our hat to you, your support from offsite to everyone is invaluable! :)

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
      Thank you John

Comment

The X-tables could be improved if each player's home town was given.

Comment

I agree, but I don't know if Swiss-sys has that option. Even country/province would help. The crosstable is gererated by Brian Clarke, I'm just the poster.

Comment

I agree, but I don't know if Swiss-sys has that option. Even country/province would help. The crosstable is gererated by Brian Clarke, I'm just the poster.
            It's possible.
            Where the player is entered add required information, than where a crosstable/standings etc check required fields in Format options... (mouse right click on the screen)

Comment

well, it's "add the required information" that is the problem. This wasn't done at registration, and I doubt whether the onsite computer guy is going to add the information now.

As I said, I'm just the poster, the html file is produced by the TD.

I think that all large tournaments should "publish" - round by round - pairings, standings, and reports would be nice too. Not to mention live games, though that's harder to achieve, with Monroi gone quiet, and DGT being so expensive.

Comment

well, it's "add the required information" that is the problem. This wasn't done at registration, and I doubt whether the onsite computer guy is going to add the information now.

I think that all large tournaments should "publish" - round by round - pairings, standings, and reports would be nice too. Not to mention live games, though that's harder to achieve, with Monroi gone quiet, and DGT being so expensive.
                I know that you are not involved that much. Thnx for posting tables.

I assume players at least were entered with ID# for a rating report submission. Maybe SwissSys can get further information from bases using #.

Comment

Hi John:

How long has Monroi been dead in the water? Their website is still up but they are "sold out" of everything and the last tournament they hosted seems to be almost five years ago.

I still have no idea how they got their device FIDE approved (it will not allow illegal moves to be entered IIRC) but it did provide a less-expensive alternative to DGT boards.

Is it not possible for the CFC (who used to own such things), or the OCA (whatever function it performs other than spending Trillium money), or whoever to not have say, 8 boards, available to rent to tournament organizers?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                    Hi John:

How long has Monroi been dead in the water? Their website is still up but they are "sold out" of everything and the last tournament they hosted seems to be almost five years ago.

I still have no idea how they got their device FIDE approved (it will not allow illegal moves to be entered IIRC) but it did provide a less-expensive alternative to DGT boards.

Is it not possible for the CFC (who used to own such things), or the OCA (whatever function it performs other than spending Trillium money), or whoever to not have say, 8 boards, available to rent to tournament organizers?

Steve
                    This is exactly the sort of investment that should be made by the Chess Foundation - say six DGT boards which could be rented out to prime tournaments and where the rental funds go back to the Chess Foundation. And of course people would soon begin to cry that the boards should be lent out free of charge. But since the money would mostly be coming from tournament sponsorship and not entry fees, that should not be an objection.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                      Hi John:

How long has Monroi been dead in the water? Their website is still up but they are "sold out" of everything and the last tournament they hosted seems to be almost five years ago. Steve
                      Monroi is still in business, if you can believe their live events page http://monroi.com/chess-games.html. I'm told they don't answer the phone or reply to emails, so how they stay in business is a mystery.

Comment

Working...
                      X