NAYCC final standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NAYCC final standings

Would it be possible to list the winners along with their country.

Comment

I can extract the winners for each section, but the incoming data was extremely poor, and the only way to know each player's country is to look them up, one at a time. It must have been a nightmare for Aris and Brian trying to imput registration data into Swiss-sys.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
        I can extract the winners for each section, but the incoming data was extremely poor, and the only way to know each player's country is to look them up, one at a time. It must have been a nightmare for Aris and Brian trying to imput registration data into Swiss-sys.
        Thanks for the supportive words John! Back to Fred, the standings John posted are after the tiebreaks, so the first three in each section are the title/norm winners.

I'll be compiling a formal report for FIDE which I can also post here, but I'm travelling and playing this weekend, so that will likely take a few days from my end.

In addition to John and the awesome Arbiter team, thanks also to Vlad, Chau, Christina, Isabella, and all the rest of the very conscientious Windsor volunteers!

Finally, HUGE TIPS OF HAT to Brian and Hal for all their teamwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
          Thanks for the supportive words John! Back to Fred, the standings John posted are after the tiebreaks, so the first three in each section are the title/norm winners.

I'll be compiling a formal report for FIDE which I can also post here, but I'm travelling and playing this weekend, so that will likely take a few days from my end.

In addition to John and the awesome Arbiter team, thanks also to Vlad, Chau, Christina, Isabella, and all the rest of the very conscientious Windsor volunteers!

Finally, HUGE TIPS OF HAT to Brian and Hal for all their teamwork!
          Indeed this year's organizers, Vlad and the team of volunteers did a great job in hosting the tournament. A good 350 participants and a great job by the arbiters, Hal Bond/Aris M/Brian Clark/Andrew P and others made a wonderful tournament. At the end of it, most of the kids were delighted to receive the certificate of participation and the mug.

Thank you for the job well done!
          Last edited by Gary Hua; Saturday, 13th August, 2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Hua View Post
            Indeed this year's organizers, Vlad and the team of volunteers did a great job in hosting the tournament. A good 350 participants and a great job by the arbiters, Hal Bond/Aris M/Brian Clark/Andrew P and others made a wonderful tournament. At the end of it, most of the kids were delighted to receive the certificate of participation and the mug.

Thank you for the job well done!
            Final thank yous for NAYCC. From my point of view Tina Wakeford and Sue Heath at Caesars Windsor and the whole staff who treated us like royalty throughout all three tournaments made the whole series of tournaments possible. Thank you to Jason Toner and everyone at Tourism WIndsor Essex Pelee Island for their generous support. Christina Tao, Mayuri and Mridushyam Talukdar, Zoltan Kiraly and Victoria Doknjas were essential members of the team who offered a great deal of support. Isabella Hui was wonderful and worked very hard to see that the volunteers worked together. Dr. Ed Mandell, Sal Chehayeb (Presidident of Michigan Chess) along with Alan Kaufman a donor and a great organizer from Michigan all offered significant support for the tournament. Like any family there were arguments and sometimes heated ones but in the end everyone mostly pulled together. There were many offers of help which were not used or were hardly used but that was a testament to the depth of support that this tournament had. At times there were too many cooks in the kitchen and some seemed to be confused about their roles but that is water under the bridge. I learn from my mistakes usually and will not make the same ones next time.

Thank you to Aris Marghetis, Brian Clarke, Hal Bond, Ed Mandell, Zoltan Kiraly, Joshua Myers, Andrew Peredun, Mikhail Egorov, Peter Porritt, Minya Bai, Manny Kocela (who came out of chess retirement to play in the Canadian Open), Herb Alice, Roman Peredun, Mr. Leung and Mr. Zhong. I am missing one or two arbiters which hopefuly someone can fill in for me.

Victoria who took photos and posted them to the CFC facebook page was essential in getting the word out as the local media seemed to lose interest after the Canadian Open. Thank you to Chau for making a graceful transition from being the lead organizer in 2015 to moving into the background being in charge of the fun committee along with Christina and Isabella. Its not always easy to go from being the leader to the role of a trusted lieutenant but the kids seemed to appreciate the candy and cookies as will their dentists I'm sure. Chau, Isabella and Christina complemented my CFC president, tournament director and logical thought processes which were mostly concerned with the tournament room and the players with some of the emotional concerns which are often missing from tournaments.

Thank you to You Zhou for taking on the task of updating the website during the tournament which freed up my time to do everything else as lead organizer of the tournament. Thanks to John Coleman for posting the results to the other windsorchess site. Finally Jackson Wahl deserves kudos for his help in stepping forward and running portions of the blitz (with me) and bughouse (with Andrew) side tournaments.

Thank you everyone including the participants and parents for making this a great experience for everyone. Finally thank you to Larry Bevand for personally delivering the clocks which allowed us to respond to a late surge in entries.
            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Saturday, 13th August, 2016, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X