lessons from a world champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lessons from a world champion

was playing in the local pool hall today - and there is a notice that Cliff Thorburn is giving private lessons $80/hour. (apparently, he is a Victoria native which was news to me)

For those of you not snooker players and perhaps not of a certain age, Canadian Cliff Thorburn was a snooker World Champion in the 70's.

Anyway, it seemed dirt cheap to me. I find it hard to imagine hiring Kasparov at $80/hour.
    Last edited by Roger Patterson; Thursday, 22nd September, 2016, 09:01 PM.

Re: lessons from a world champion

I have played golf with Cliff and he is a great guy. He is also a very good golfer.

Comment

Re: lessons from a world champion

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
      was playing in the local pool hall today - and there is a notice that Cliff Thorburn is giving private lessons $80/hour. (apparently, he is a Victoria native which was news to me)

For those of you not snooker players and perhaps not of a certain age, Canadian Cliff Thorburn was a snooker World Champion in the 70's.

Anyway, it seemed dirt cheap to me. I find it hard to imagine hiring Kasparov at $80/hour.
      Back in the 80's (I think!) Cliff used to play often at a pool hall near my parents place in Scarborough, ON - near Danforth Rd and Eglinton. I remember watching him run a few tables for practice on a couple of occasions ... tremendous snooker player for sure. As for the $80/hour, perhaps he is doing it just as a casual way to keep up the skills and have someone pay for the table and the odd beer... sounds like a decent plan to me! :)
      ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
      X