Kasparov's representative in Canada for FIDE election 2014 Robert Hamilton to sue CFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kasparov's representative in Canada for FIDE election 2014 Robert Hamilton to sue

Originally posted by Rene Preotu View Post
    I don't understand why you used Kasparov's name in the thread title. Do you believe this has something to do with the fact that CFC supported the other candidate for FIDE election in 2014?
    Or maybe it's just a clickbait.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickbait
    I am simply pointing out what Kasparov's former representative in Canada (who was at first disavowed and later confirmed as official representative) is up to. My belief is that if this comes to Mr. Kasparov's attention he might choose a different official representative next time he runs for FIDE president and this might result in fewer misunderstandings.

Comment

Re: Kasparov's representative in Canada for FIDE election 2014 Robert Hamilton to sue

Posting on Chesstalk without informing your executive should be embarrassing, Vlad.

Comment

I hope the CFC is on the ball here. Word is that the plaintiff will be represented by the firm of Dewey Cheetham & Howe. As Perry Mason once said, "Della, bring me my brown trousers!"
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
          My belief is that if this comes to Mr. Kasparov's attention he might choose a different official representative next time he runs for FIDE president and this might result in fewer misunderstandings.
          This is beyond laughable, it is absolutely hysterical. This is the "belief" that you use to justify dragging the name of Kasparov into this muddle? Get off it. If you want to talk about what is going on with Mr. Hamilton, then good, I won't argue with you, believe me! :) But forget about Kasparov.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
            This is beyond laughable, it is absolutely hysterical. This is the "belief" that you use to justify dragging the name of Kasparov into this muddle? Get off it. If you want to talk about what is going on with Mr. Hamilton, then good, I won't argue with you, believe me! :) But forget about Kasparov.
            Why should I when this is a pattern repeating itself around the world? One of the nice things about talking to people from various federations from around the world is that you get to compare notes.

Comment

I assumed he played very badly and the newsletter showed this game in a negative light. The fact that he won has me laughing more than usual.

What a legend

Comment

I have it from a reliable source that Robert Hamilton, Kasparov's representative in Canada for the 2014 FIDE election (well at first he was, then he wasn't, then he was again) is going to sue us for copyright infringement for publishing a game of his on the newsfeed. We await receipt of the official papers notifying us of the claim which is going to proceed in Ontario small claims court.
                LOL

"In fact if the rumours are correct we will soon have an example of the idiocy of the Kasparov team in Canada which I will report at the appropriate time. Hopefully the rumours will not come to pass."
                http://forum.chesstalk.com/showthrea...l=1#post107281

LOL,
                Rumours are spread by the UFOnauts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Craft View Post
                  I am disconcerted that the first place I have heard of this is on Chesstalk.
                  Also disconcerting is the part about "...from a reliable source". I would think that the CFC president should have mentioned the "rumour" (and possibly the source - if that was allowed) to the Executive as advance warning and then waited at least until the action occurred to consider making the information public. Not doing that leaves the CFC open for ridicule (as often the case).
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                    Also disconcerting is the part about "...from a reliable source". I would think that the CFC president should have mentioned the "rumour" (and possibly the source - if that was allowed) to the Executive as advance warning and then waited at least until the action occurred to consider making the information public. Not doing that leaves the CFC open for ridicule (as often the case).
                    Strictly speaking the action has not yet occurred as we haven't been served. Once we have an actual lawsuit to examine the situation will become real. At the moment the issue is the energy that will be absorbed, the publicity that will be generated and the possible repercussions of a negative decision.

Comment

And still the correct approach is to not publicly disclose anything about an issue like this until the rumor becomes fact. Organizations can also be sued for spreading rumors. It's defamation of character.

Comment

Strictly speaking the action has not yet occurred as we haven't been served. Once we have an actual lawsuit to examine the situation will become real. At the moment the issue is the energy that will be absorbed, the publicity that will be generated and the possible repercussions of a negative decision.
                        How are you helping the situation by spreading this rumour on Chesstalk? By making the rumour "public" you are adding weight to it, because of your role as CFC Prez, and thereby increasing the negative publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
                          And still the correct approach is to not publicly disclose anything about an issue like this until the rumor becomes fact. Organizations can also be sued for spreading rumors. It's defamation of character.
                          I think it is safe to say that it is fact. Reporting fact is hardly defamation of character.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
                            How are you helping the situation by spreading this rumour on Chesstalk? By making the rumour "public" you are adding weight to it, because of your role as CFC Prez, and thereby increasing the negative publicity.
                            I do not see how this is negative publicity for the CFC.

Comment

I think it is safe to say that it is fact. Reporting fact is hardly defamation of character.
                              If you only think, it is not a fact. Have you been served?

Comment

Vlad wrote "I do not see how this is negative publicity for the CFC."

So, you don't think that the CFC president spreading a rumour that a master, the winner of the Maritimes Open, is considering suing the CFC, is bad publicity??

Comment

Working...
                                X