Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: US Elections

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
    When we watch a movie at fast-forward speed, or in slow motion, it has the same amount of motion as it does when we watch it at normal speed, therefore it will take the same amount of time to watch it regardless of which way we do it since time equals motion.
    No, if you watch the movie in slow motion you will not see the entire movie in the same amount of time as regular motion. If you want to see the entire movie in slow motion from start to finish more time will elapse. You are mixing up what you are watching with the time spent watching something. In otherwards you are comparing two different events, 1 where you watch part of the movie and the other where you watch the entire movie.

Comment

• Re: US Elections

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      No, if you watch the movie in slow motion you will not see the entire movie in the same amount of time as regular motion. If you want to see the entire movie in slow motion from start to finish more time will elapse. You are mixing up what you are watching with the time spent watching something. In otherwards you are comparing two different events, 1 where you watch part of the movie and the other where you watch the entire movie.

Since movies and time are being mentioned, let me ask Sid and Brad about the current movie out called "Arrival". Have you both seen it? If not, highly recommended. I won't give anything away, but the story is VERY pertinent to this discussion. However, I can think of one possible snafu in the story which I can only guess the writers didn't think about.
      Only the rushing is heard...
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
      X