World Championship match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Championship match

I find it peculiar that the official website gives neither the time of the first game nor the colours. The countdown clock is counting down to 1.00 pm, but I believe the actual game is 2.00 pm, right? And Magnus is white in game 1, yes?

It's a good thing there are other websites providing coverage. What are the best sites to watch the games live? (Apart from the official site, of course. :p)

Re: World Championship match

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
    I find it peculiar that the official website gives neither the time of the first game nor the colours. The countdown clock is counting down to 1.00 pm, but I believe the actual game is 2.00 pm, right? And Magnus is white in game 1, yes?
    I looked at a different site and they say Carlsen will have White.

Comment

http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/133824/h...-hvite-brikker
      ~30 sec you can see happy Magnus with a white piece LOL

Comment

It's a good thing there are other websites providing coverage. What are the best sites to watch the games live? (Apart from the official site, of course. :p)
        It looks like Chess24.com has some coverage - not sure what can be watched for free (likely only the real time board) but since I am not a paying member there I guess we will all find out what is available for free...
        When I look at chess24.com it indicates Eric Hansen and Robin van Kampen are the commentators..
        ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Yeah, I guess the starting time is not important... :) It seems like Magnus has White in the first game - is there a colour switch in the middle of the match like (I think there was) with Anand??

Comment

Colours: I read elsewhere that Carlsen has white in games 1, 3, and 5, and then in games 8, 10, and 12 for the second half.

I am surprised that the New York site doesn't have more news, not even a report on the opening ceremonies. I guess that can't be monetized.

Comment

Colours: I read elsewhere that Carlsen has white in games 1, 3, and 5, and then in games 8, 10, and 12 for the second half.

I am surprised that the New York site doesn't have more news, not even a report on the opening ceremonies. I guess that can't be monetized.
              I suspect that most of the WC match cannot be monetized. As much as we chess players would wish otherwise, it isn't going to rain money. Even Millionaire Chess was a flash in the pan.
              It could be cleverly marketed to chess players (even as cheap as they are) if there was good content/commentary etc. and analysis etc. but as a general sporting event it doesn't even have any drama (this time).

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                I suspect that most of the WC match cannot be monetized. As much as we chess players would wish otherwise, it isn't going to rain money. Even Millionaire Chess was a flash in the pan.
                It could be cleverly marketed to chess players (even as cheap as they are) if there was good content/commentary etc. and analysis etc. but as a general sporting event it doesn't even have any drama (this time).
                Huh? Didn't Trump promise to "Make Chess Great Again" ?

"Believe me, you're going to be amazed. It's going to rain money in chess. I know more about running chess than the aliens, believe me."
                Only the rushing is heard...
                Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Working...
                X