How my day is going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How my day is going

8:00AM: Arrive at the dentist because I cracked my upper left premolar yesterday.

8AM to 9AM: Spend an hour in the dentist chair as he extracts said tooth piece by crumbling piece. Fun fact: as one bleeds the blood washes away the nerve block.

9:07 AM: Finally leave the dentist office. Make it home; take 2 Alleve extra strength pain killers. Fall into chair.

9:30 AM – 12:30 PM Sleep fitfully in the chair. Experience chills as the adrenalin from the dentist visit leaves my body.

1:00 PM: Have soup. Take 2 more Alleve pills.

1:15 PM: Read painkiller bottle. It says to only take one every 12 hours and never more than 2 per day.

2:00 PM: Leave to go grocery shopping.

2:20 PM: Realize I don’t have the shopping list with me. Attempt to buy everything from memory. At least I remember that I need to buy flowers for my mother-in-law, who I am stopping to see.

3:15 PM: Fill car with groceries. Drive to Canadian Tire to add power steering fluid to my car.

3:30 PM: Open hood of car. Rod to hold hood up is MISSING. There is a piece of metal simply resting on my engine block. The battery in the car looks like it is leaking. What the #&%@ did Canadian Tire do to my car when they serviced it three weeks ago?

3:33 PM: Keeping the hood propped open with my head, I manage to top up my power steering fluid.

3:35 PM: Go to put the rest of the power steering fluid in the trunk of my car. The groceries are mysteriously replaced by bottled water. … This is not my car.

3:36 PM: Find my car. Put in the remaining power steering fluid. Put the rest in my trunk where I found I already had half a bottle.

3:45 PM: Drive to see my mother-in-law. I can’t find the flowers. I think I left them back in the grocery store.

4:15 PM: Arrive home. Bring in groceries. Let dog out. Proceed to my favorite chore, picking up all of the poop he dropped in the back yard during the week.

4:30 PM: Come back in. Discover that one of the pets has thrown up on the carpet. Proceed to clean.

4:45 PM Finish putting away groceries. Find grocery list in my pocket where I had it all along. I forgot broccoli, russian mustard and sour cream. On the other hand we now have Brussel sprouts.

I think I’ll move to Australia.

How’s your day?

Re: How my day is going

Sounds like your name today should have been Garland Worst...

Comment

Better. Sorry, my friend but I am sure it could be worse....Don't ask how.

Comment

There's always tomorrow.
        Anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
        Murphy's law, by Edward A. Murphy Jr., USAF, Aerospace Engineer

Comment

How my day is going

November 13, 2016

If it is any consolation, there is a book about a similar experience. It is entitled

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

written by Judith Viorst, published 1972.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
            8:00AM:

8AM to 9AM:

9:07 AM:

9:30 AM – 12:30 PM:

1:00 PM:

1:15 PM:

2:00 PM:

2:20 PM:

3:15 PM:

3:30 PM: #&%@

3:33 PM:

3:35 PM:

3:36 PM:

3:45 PM: I can’t find the flowers.

4:15 PM:

4:30 PM:

4:45 PM:

How’s your day?
            Thought I'd condense your sh*tty day bro ... ;)

My day?

Morning: Went back up to the Gatineau to the same hill with a slightly weaker and much less reliable tailwind pushing me when I set my cycling personal best of 105.9 km/h! Yup, you read that right. My previous best was 75.8 km/h! on the same hill with about the same gusty winds as today.

No helmet ... :D

I failed to get much past 52.4 km/h ... oh well ... I'm still alive.

Afternoon: Hooked up with my agent/manager and began disguising how I can get an exhibit into MoMA. This exhibition will be about glorified consumerism.

Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 13th November, 2016, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Hang in there Garland!

Talking about bad days, did anyone see the UFC card this evening? Dave Gordon and I took it in.

We are awaiting the decision of a title bout where one guy got totally dominated overall, though he may have won three close rounds and certainly lost two rounds very decisively.

The announcer seems ready to go and then suddenly exits the octagon. He then consults with someone about something. Well, get it right. Then he gets back into position and begins announcing the decision.

He tells us the first judge has it even. Then he tells us the second judge has it even. Then he tells us the third judge gave it to the champ and he declares the champ the victor!? Then everyone cheers and the champ is happy as hell. Next, as is customary, they begin to interview the winner.

Ooooops!

After some hesitation the announcer quickly takes the microphone again, admits that they have screwed up, and declares the fight to be a majority draw.

I do not know which UFC genius the announcer consulted with outside of the ring. But the announcer should have been told that the fight is a majority draw, and further, when you announce each judge DO NOT announce the two draws first.

This was their first excursion into the Big Apple. And the show turned out rotten to the core.

Comment

Yes, that's where the Australia reference comes from.

Comment

Brad:

I can't wait to see Bisbing defend his belt against Yoel Romero. Romero merked Weidman, flying knee from God!!!

Simon

Comment

Hopefully the next day was much better. Given the amount of Aleve (Naproxen) taken you probably had a very lucky day. If you survived that, don't push your luck for a while at least.

Comment

Working...
                    X