X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAS confirms the two-year ban imposed on Ignatius Leong

"CAS confirms the two-year ban imposed on Ignatius Leong"
    [http://www.chessdom.com/cas-confirms...gnatius-leong]

I am posting the link to this very important story.

The CAS is the 'Court of Arbitration for Sport'. Mr. Leong was serving as the representative to FIDE for the Singapore Chess Federation. GM Garry Kasparov has also been banned by FIDE for two years, as the article explains.

Question: I am wondering if this is the first time the CAS has become involved in chess matters at the international level.

Re: CAS confirms the two-year ban imposed on Ignatius Leong

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
    "CAS confirms the two-year ban imposed on Ignatius Leong"
    [http://www.chessdom.com/cas-confirms...gnatius-leong]

Question: I am wondering if this is the first time the CAS has become involved in chess matters at the international level.
    I posted this in another thread a few days ago. It is not the first time that they were involved in chess matters. Most of FIDE legal fees were spent at CAS over the last eight years or so.

Comment

Re: CAS confirms the two-year ban imposed on Ignatius Leong

"The CAS held that Mr Leong “was committed to voting for Garry Kasparov. He sold his vote."

Let's look how things went with the CFC: someone offered 20k/year for 4 years, the CFC publicly endorse Kirsan (and it was first announced by a Kirsan's buddy on twitter), the CFC received 20k from FIDE. Somehow the program stopped after Kirsan was punched by the US administration. Now lets look at this paragraph: "FIDE takes this opportunity to reaffirm its clear stance against corruption and bribery and to commit to continue its efforts to promote good governance." Sounds to me as a story of a pot and a kettle. LOL

Comment

Working...
      X