Banter Blitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banter Blitz

I have to admit, I do enjoy challenging the Master's on Banter Blitz. So far I have played Christof Sielecki twice and Jan Gustafsson once. Jan crushed me, but I had good games against Christof. He is funny and a gentleman. My wife told me I should post the video, so here it is. I played him in the first 10 minutes of the video (as Findles). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frDAcdUrKjY&t=729s It really makes me realize how slow I play!

Re: Banter Blitz on chess24

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post
    I have to admit, I do enjoy challenging the Master's on Banter Blitz. So far I have played Christof Sielecki twice and Jan Gustafsson once. Jan crushed me, but I had good games against Christof. He is funny and a gentleman. My wife told me I should post the video, so here it is. I played him in the first 10 minutes of the video (as Findles). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frDAcdUrKjY&t=729s It really makes me realize how slow I play!
    FM Ian Findlay just made another appearance in Jan Gustafsson's Banter Blitz, this time in episode #117. Good game Ian, you deserved to draw that despite flagging, Jan even admitted he was worse at times.

I played Jan in Banter Blitz episode #114. It's the first game of the show. My username is Capacapacha. Unfortunately I never equalized...

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Siddeley View Post
      Unfortunately I never equalized...
      The next time you should start with White :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Siddeley View Post
        My username is Capacapacha.
        LOL. Best user name I have seen in ages.

Comment

Re: Banter Blitz

Thanks for the shout out Hugh. It was difficult since it was 8 am for me, and I had got about 2 hours of sleep. I can't believe how slow I am. It really shows when you watch yourself on the replay. I had prepared a line in what we played last time, but Jan
          avoided it, probably without realizing it. The engine said I was better as very quickly, but as Jan correctly pointed out, I let him equalize, then I was better again, and at the end, I know I was going to lose on time as I had 15 seconds left to his 45 seconds and I blundered a piece.
          For those who want to see the game, it is the 3rd game played on Episode 117. Jan was very nice in his comments. I know he likes Canadians - esp Norm MacDonald.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
            LOL. Best user name I have seen in ages.
            Back in 1999, I was sitting in a computer lab on Waterloo campus, taking a break from my computer science assignment. I decided to play some online chess, but needed to come up with a username. I was listening to Blur's "13" album, to a track called B.L.U.R.E.M.I, and at 1:07 of said track I got the inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_TDTSH3qnc

Comment

Working...
            X