Why we had an interruption in service at Chesstalk.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we had an interruption in service at Chesstalk.

We received a message saying that there was phishing software that was residing on our site. It has been cleaned up...and hopefully the problem is behind us.

Larry

Re: Why we had an interruption in service at Chesstalk.

December 1, 2016

Larry,

One result of the service interruption and subsequent cleansing is that the fen diagrams no longer work.

I tried to post the final position in Rapid Game 4 of Carlsen-Karjakin and instead of a full size chessboard and pieces I got a tiny little blue square with a question mark in it. I looked back at Games from Recent Events and found an old posting had the same blue square.

Also, since I have you on the line, so to speak, is anyone going to write up the experience of the Chess’n Math bus trip to the World Championship in New York City? We’d like to hear how the gang got on.

Comment

Re: Why we had an interruption in service at Chesstalk.

Hi Wayne,

The conclusion was that somehow one of the problems came from the diagrams...for now they have taken it off.

As for the trip...we did not get enough participants so it was cancelled in both cities...maybe next time the World Championship is in North America. Some people did go down from Canada on an individual basis...maybe they can tell us how that went.

Larry

Comment

Chess Canada still allows posting of pgn files

Originally posted by Wayne Komer View Post

... I tried to post the final position in Rapid Game 4 of Carlsen-Karjakin and instead of a full size chessboard and pieces I got a tiny little blue square with a question mark in it.
        The ChessCanada Discussion Board still supports posting pgn files of games. So, by posting a full game, the desired position can be reached by clicking to the appropriate move.

I don't think the fen diagrams are working there, however.

See link here.
        Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

Working...
        X