X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fischer Photo for Auction

Fischer Photo for Auction

December 2, 2016

There is a photo of Bobby Fischer up on eBay for auction today.

The description:

1972 Original Photo BOBBY FISCHER Carrying Books on CHESS with Him ALL the Time

Starting Bid 99 cents !!! .... Absolutely NO RESERVE !!!

DESCRIPTION

Genre: ORIGINAL PHOTO
    Date of Image: 1972
    Date of Issue: 1972
    Subject: BOBBY FISCHER
    Issuer: International Photo Service
    Size: 5" x 8”

Comments:

A Vintage 1972 ORIGINAL Photograph issued by IPS depicting the legendary Bobby Fischer carrying books on chess with him everywhere he went. Fischer's passion and compulsive behavior to be the very best made him a legend. Original caption and 1972 date stamp are on the verso of this photo from his landmark year he become a household name and world celebrity after he defeated Boris Spassky in the game's most celebrated moment ever that has come to be simply known as "The Match".

As with ALL our auctions, there is NO RESERVE so Bid to WIN!!!

(This is a 10-day Auction that Ends on SUNDAY Night, December 11th).

The seller is Hyee Auctions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Origina...AAAOSwiONYQQgX

_________

The photo has a robust Bobby walking along a sidewalk, carrying (chess) magazines in his left hand and talking to a smaller man whom I cannot identify. Can any ChessTalker give a name to the other individual?

Re: Fischer Photo for Auction

Spasky

Karpov

Comment

December 17, 2016

The winning bid on the Fischer walking, carrying books photo was US$11.60 with $11.70 for postage. There were 4 bidders.
      Really, this was a bargain. Photos of Russian grandmasters start at triple the winning bid here.

The same site has two transparencies (slides) of Fischer playing tennis. The description:

Genre: Original COLOR Film Transparency
      Date of Image: 1972
      Date of Issue: 1972
      Subject: BOBBY FISCHER
      Issuer: From the Cinema Screen collection
      Size: 2" x 2" / 35mm Format Film

Comments:

From a collection of Rare, VINTAGE 1950's-60's Original COLOR Kodachrome film transparencies featuring famous actors/actresses, pin up and cheesecake models, nude erotica and artistic works that we will be offering this week.
      Many were captured by prominent fashion and celebrity photographers as well as noted shutterbugs from the leading magazines of the era (from Vogue, Esquire and Vanity Fair to Life, Newsweek and Time) !

Each transparency is a "ONE-of-a-KIND" vintage original and is in excellent condition with some light handling wear but is fully capable of making unlimited quality enlargements. Color photographic material from this era is extremely scarce as color film was still in its infancy.

(This is a 10-day Auction that Ends on WEDNESDAY Night, December 21st).
      Lot 2967

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Origina...3D252663904502

There are also some Karpov photos (1974) for auction or sale.

Tigran Petrosian v Anatoly Karpov - Chess Match Game old original photo slide

for $30.

I think they have it wrong. That is not Petrosian but Lev Polugaevsky.

I assume you would take the slide to a photofinisher, if such exist anymore, and have an 8x10 print made to be framed for your wall.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tigran-Petro...3D262758786746

Comment

Wayne wrote:

I assume you would take the slide to a photofinisher, if such exist anymore, and have an 8x10 print made to be framed for your wall.
        You (or a professional) could simply scan the slide(s). I have scanned hundreds (if not thousands) of my father's slides - both on my own and by a professional service. It's then easy to print them to your specifications.

Comment

January 2, 2017

This is embarrassing. There were two bids for the Fischer tennis slide. Starting bid was 99 cents. First bidder bid $1.00 and the item was won by a second bidder for $1.04. Postage for the item was $11.70.

Comment

Working...
          X