Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2017

World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2017 Ahmedabad, India

Next year U-16 Chess Olympiad will be held in India.

Date has not been determined yet.

If anyone of you who would like to represent Canada, please indicate your interest by sending to the following email address below :

CFC would like to send the strongest team as far as possible. Preparation will be done as early as possible and that's why we want to select the team as soon as we can.

The team comprises 4 boys and 1 girl. We can send as many teams as possible but CFC normally provides financial support for the first team.

The player must be of certain level of play. If you think you are good enough and would like to play in this tournament, then write to us. Think about it carefully before writing to us as we also do not want cancellations at the last minute citing various reasons.

Please send you emails to ghua71ATyahoo.ca

I will be posting another thread for 2017 international events like WYCC/NAYCC/Pan-Am and other events in the near future to know who may want to play in these tournaments.

Gary Hua

CFC Youth Co-ordinator
    Last edited by Gary Hua; Saturday, 3rd December, 2016, 10:57 AM.

Re: World Youth U-16 Chess Olympiad 2017

Wow. Nice job Gary. What a change from the previous youth coordinator.

Comment

What is the selection criteria? To be fair, the detailed rules should be announced in advance rather than operated in the black box.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kamenskiy View Post
        What is the selection criteria? To be fair, the detailed rules should be announced in advance rather than operated in the black box.
        Point noted.

I will finalize the selection criterias with the executives but meantime would like to see the response from the players and parents first and not wait until last minute. It is still early at this point in time but it is always good to prepare early rather than later. A parent already wrote to me this morning and this is a good sign that we will be able to assemble a strong team to challenge the world

Comment

Two players has written to me expressing their interest in representing Canada which is a very good sign. This selection will be as transparent as possible but the players MUST write to me to indicate their interest otherwise we will not consider them.

There is another good news which I will announce when the time is ripe and the information that I have is complete.

I really hope those aspiring to represent Canada will really consider this opportunity an honor to play in this prestigious tournament. The reason why I write to invite players to write to me is to make this selection as transparent as possible and same time to reach to as many players as possible qualified to represent Canada. I always consider representing a country in Olympiad the highest honor and those who considered themselves qualified to really think about it.

The selection criteria will be made known as soon as it is approved by CFC executives.

Gary

Comment

Thanks Gary. I will echo Rene's comments that it is great to see these proactive efforts from our new Youth Coordinator.
            We can avoid many problems by being proactive and transparent as much as possible.

Besides Chesstalk, we need to get the word out on more official channels such as our website. I have started a list of CYCC qualifier tournaments just below the main tournaments page.

http://chess.ca/tournaments

Scroll down. Let's us that space more effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              Thanks Gary. I will echo Rene's comments that it is great to see these proactive efforts from our new Youth Coordinator.
              We can avoid many problems by being proactive and transparent as much as possible.

Besides Chesstalk, we need to get the word out on more official channels such as our website. I have started a list of CYCC qualifier tournaments just below the main tournaments page.

http://chess.ca/tournaments

Scroll down. Let's us that space more effectively.
              http://www.chesscanada.info/forum/sh...hmedabad-India

Thanks Bob and Rene for your compliments. I have started a thread in CFC website same time yesterday. Please find the link above.

Comment

CFC ratings gives the following U16`s in order of rating. Presumably the list may change to include only those U16 on January 1st.

1 Cao, Jason Victoria, BC 2414
                2 Wan, Kevin Ottawa, ON 2356
                3 Gedajlovic, Max Vancouver, BC 2338
                4 Zhang, Yuanchen Markham, ON 2327
                5 Song, Ziyuan (Sam) Saint John, NB 2293
                6 Chen, Richard Hamilton, ON 2287
                7 Bellissimo, Joseph Toronto, ON 2252
                8 Zotkin, Daniel Etobicoke, ON 2228
                9 Yu, Wenlu North York, ON 2150
                10 Zhong, Joey Toronto, ON 2145

And for some reason Nicholas Vettese is not on the list

Vettese, Nicholas , ON 2231

Comment

Also Sergey Noritsyn 2152

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Dobrich View Post
                    CFC ratings gives the following U16`s in order of rating. Presumably the list may change to include only those U16 on January 1st.

1 Cao, Jason Victoria, BC 2414
                    2 Wan, Kevin Ottawa, ON 2356
                    3 Gedajlovic, Max Vancouver, BC 2338
                    4 Zhang, Yuanchen Markham, ON 2327
                    5 Song, Ziyuan (Sam) Saint John, NB 2293
                    6 Chen, Richard Hamilton, ON 2287
                    7 Bellissimo, Joseph Toronto, ON 2252
                    8 Zotkin, Daniel Etobicoke, ON 2228
                    9 Yu, Wenlu North York, ON 2150
                    10 Zhong, Joey Toronto, ON 2145

And for some reason Nicholas Vettese is not on the list

Vettese, Nicholas , ON 2231
                    http://chess.ca/players?player_searc...bb685c412568a4 U-12
                    Last edited by Gary Hua; Sunday, 4th December, 2016, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Also Sergey Noritsyn 2152
                      http://chess.ca/players?player_searc...9312f151072ddd U-14

Comment

http://chess.ca/players?player_searc...68ca62bebe7e47 U-10

Comment

What are you trying to say?

Comment

What are you trying to say?
                            You have to look up U-10, U-12 and U-14 category and not just U-16 to find the players. There are players in these categories which are equally good players that are not listed in U-16 list
                            Last edited by Gary Hua; Sunday, 4th December, 2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Great! When you say something then I know what you want to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X