when are the 2010 Canadian university championships?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when are the 2010 Canadian university championships?

We're starting to plan the 2009-2010 EOCA Grand Prix, and trying to avoid a date conflict.

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Re: when are the 2010 Canadian university championships?

Aris, the University team event is normally held in mid-January, but I don't believe that the University of Toronto, which will host it for 2010, has finalized its dates yet. I know that date conflicts with this event and EOCA events have occurred in the past. It would be best for you to contact Alex Ferreira at U of T to find out more about their plans; in the recent past it has taken until September or October to finalize the dates for the University event. Not much happens with planning University chess until classes reconvene in September.

I've been updating the games file for the 2009 Ontario Open, and entering the games on chess5.com, but am having trouble with some of the gamescores (Hebrew notation, messy handwriting, missing moves, etc.). Thanks and congratulations again for putting on such a great event in Ottawa, and I enjoyed working with you!!
    :) :) :)

Cheers, Frank Dixon

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
      We're starting to plan the 2009-2010 EOCA Grand Prix, and trying to avoid a date conflict.

Thanks and regards, Aris.
      Hi Aris,

The 2010 Canadian Post Secondary Chess Championships will take place January 15-16-17. (Fri-Sat-Sun) The Rooms have already been booked.

Thanks,

Alex Ferreira
      Hart House Chess Club

Comment

Thanks, Alex, for posting this; it should help avoid date conflicts with other events. Looks like U of T is well on the road to a very successful championship in January 2010. Perhaps they can surpass the attendance records set by Queen's University this year!! :) :) :)

Comment

Working...
        X