Score Sheets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Score Sheets

Where do you guys buy those carbonless score sheets with the white and yellow pages? I can't find them on Amazon so I assume they don't exist...

Re: Score Sheets

You can get them from Strategy Games (we also happen to sponsor this site...and you can click on the lick at the top of the page, or you can go to the item directly:

http://strategygames.ca/boutique/sto...e=EN&code=M-11

They are called NCR (No carbon required)

Larry

Comment

To repeat what I said in my deleted message - if you don't have carbons, and you don't want to take the scoresheet away from the player - take an in-focus picture of both scorsheets - making sure you have an image of all the moves. I have done this successfully.

Comment

You can also go to almost any print shop and make custom copies with your own artwork. In either case the cost seems to be about the same. My suggestion is that you dole out the scoresheets carefully. Don't leave them out in the open. We ran out of them at CYCC because people were stealing them! Fortunately we had a large number of USCF carbons bought on Amazon as a back up. We originally bought what should have been enough carbons for all three tournaments CYCC, CO and NAYCC but ran out before the end of CYCC.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Nicholson View Post
          Where do you guys buy those carbonless score sheets with the white and yellow pages? I can't find them on Amazon so I assume they don't exist...
          we get our own printed at Monks but any print shop will do. About $0.12 per score sheet but price depends heavily on volume (I usually get 2000 regular and 500 NCR at a time. Regular score sheets work out to a little over $0.02)

Comment

Anybody feel like emailing me a pdf of a score sheet so I don't have to break any copyright laws and/or build my own? :D...

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Nicholson View Post
              Anybody feel like emailing me a pdf of a score sheet so I don't have to break any copyright laws and/or build my own? :D...
              Man up and buy some from Strategy Games. Larry provides us a website we all benefit from, return the love!

Comment

In a not so distant future, Google Chess will have drones in every chess club and tournament, recording the games live via image recognition software and we won't be talking about all that NCR nonsense. I give it 10 years at most.

Next step is gonna be live cameras inside our bodies. No more sneaking up stuff at the airport.

You've heard it here first, folks. :p

Comment

If you're designing your own scorrsheets...maximize the moves. The FQE uses 3 columns of 25 moves each....that's why the CYCC ran out...too many games were longer than the 50 moves available on their scoresheets.
                  Last edited by Hugh Brodie; Monday, 23rd January, 2017, 11:24 PM.

Comment

$20 plus shipping is too much from Strategy Games. I don't believe in overpaying for things regardless of the cause. Plus I won't get them in time, as I'm hoping to have them this weekend.

Comment

Hi Matthew;
                      Someone in your area must have a blank score sheet. Just get it take it to your local copy shop and see if they can make NCR copies from it. If not then don't worry about them for this tournament and try to get some done for your next one. NCR copies are expensive where ever you get them. So buyer beware.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                        If you're designing your own scorrsheets...maximize the moves. The FQE uses 3 columns of 25 moves each....that's why the CYCC ran out...too many games were longer than the 50 moves available on their scoresheets.
                        260 players x 7 rounds x 2 scoresheets (assuming every game went over 50 moves which they did not) = 3640.

We actually ran out after five rounds so the expected number is 2600 if every game went over 50 moves. I don't recall if the first order was for 5000 or 6000 scoresheets but it was a number which should have sufficed for at least the CYCC and Canadian Open. I was told that the volunteers actually caught people stealing scoresheets and they actually went back to try to steal more even after being caught once. I did not witness these incidents myself but have no reason to doubt to accounts of a well known Windsor organizer who related what she had seen.

We reordered what seemed a sufficient number for future requirements and instituted controls which stopped the pilferage and NAYCC did not see any pilferage as evidenced by the boxes of scoresheets left over after what was a much larger tournament both in terms of participants and number of rounds. The Canadian Open also did not see any loss of scoresheets as would be expected. Most chessplayers are scrupulously honest in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
                          Hi Hugh, what would you think to be the optimal size for a score sheet?

7" x 5" ?
                          8.5" x 6" ?

Or perhaps something else?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                            Hi Hugh, what would you think to be the optimal size for a score sheet?

7" x 5" ?
                            8.5" x 6" ?

Or perhaps something else?

Thanks in advance!
                            The score sheets used by the Scarborough Chess Club in Toronto are double-sided - good for 100 moves (2 columns on each side of 25 moves)!

I like the size: 8.5 x 5.5.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
                              The score sheets used by the Scarborough Chess Club in Toronto are double-sided - good for 100 moves (2 columns on each side of 25 moves)!

I like the size: 8.5 x 5.5.

Bob A
                              Thanks Bob A, 100 moves is plenty enough for any of my games. Perhaps there should be score sheets designed per rating class ... lol!

Would the same 8.5" x 5.5" be the same same size you'd prefer for carbonless too?

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X