CFC Rating update - tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Rating update - tomorrow!

The good news - we have 2 large tournaments with lots of membership renewals: Victoria Open and Canadian Universities Championships, to rate this week, along with all the regular traffic.
    The bad news - I am fighting a cold this week, it's slowing me down.

So, for this week, normal rating update will be thursday.
    sorry folks, cough, cough...

Re: CFC Rating update - tomorrow!

Hi Bob,

Was the intention that the new Quick Ratings would become established for provisional quick players? I am looking at the January KWCC quick and it appears that the rating changes were calculated with Alfred Dagan's pre-tournament rating (as if he were Quick established).

Thanks

Comment

Re: CFC Rating update - tomorrow!

Originally posted by Tony Li View Post
      Hi Bob,

Was the intention that the new Quick Ratings would become established for provisional quick players? I am looking at the January KWCC quick and it appears that the rating changes were calculated with Alfred Dagan's pre-tournament rating (as if he were Quick established).

Thanks
      Tony, that wasn't the intention, but for those players who had their Quick rating adjusted by averaging the two ratings (and were provisional in Quick chess) it appears this happened. Considering we are now three weeks past the changes, I think we can live with this. Alfred was one of the players the adjustment was designed to correct.

Comment

Working...
      X