score pad templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• score pad templates

there was a thread about templates for scorepads a while back.

download links are given below.

Edit for your own branding (we also have an unusual font for our logo which might not be on your computer). print 1 copy on 8.5"x11", take to print shop copy however many copies you want for regular and NCR, the print shop will cut the 8.5"x11" final product for a nominal amount. You can also get them put into pads but that adds to the cost (I just keep them loose).

www.victoriachess.com/download/scorepad2.doc (scorepad with 2 columns for 50 moves)

www.victoriachess.com/download/scorepad3.doc (scorepad with 3 columns for 75 moves).

and as a bonus: a template for board numbers (to be printed on 8.5" x 11 " perferated stock for business cards as per Avery format 05371)

www.victoriachess.com/download/board_numbers.doc

Re: score pad templates

Thanks !

Comment

Thanks! Great format.

Comment

Roger - have you considered two-sided scoresheets (let's say 50 moves on one side, and up to 50 on the other)? Would the extra cost of printing be offset by fewer scoresheets being used? The USCF used to have scoresheets that were the same on both sides, so they could be used for two games.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
          Roger - have you considered two-sided scoresheets (let's say 50 moves on one side, and up to 50 on the other)? Would the extra cost of printing be offset by fewer scoresheets being used? The USCF used to have scoresheets that were the same on both sides, so they could be used for two games.
          Hi Guys:

Scarborough CC, as I've mentioned elsewhere, uses a double-sided score sheet, with 50 moves on each side (double column). It is great.

But as to cost saving by some games not needing a second sheet.....I don't think there are much savings.....it is a low percentage of our games that go beyond 50 moves (Though it is great for those games that do). Also, the length of our games is not normal. We play Game/70 + 15 sec. increment...pretty fast, and so long games (over 50 moves) don't happen as much. So maybe at other clubs or tournaments with slower time control, there might be some double-sided cost set-off.

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            It's pretty simple math. The cost of a double sided score sheet is basically twice that of a single sided score sheet. Print shops charge by the the "copy" and there is one on the front and one on the back. The average game lasts something like 35 moves. Ergo: double sided scoresheets cost more money than they save.

As for providing one score sheet for two games, (one on the back, one on the front), that is pretty inconvenient and would be ignored by the players. And considering that we are talking about $0.02 per game, I'm not interested in any alleged cost savings for the inconvenience.

Moreover, it is inconvenient to have separate formats for regular score sheets and NCR score sheets. NCR score sheets must be single sided. Ergo single sided regular score sheets are preferred.
            Last edited by Roger Patterson; Thursday, 9th February, 2017, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post
              Moreover, it is inconvenient to have separate formats for regular score sheets and NCR score sheets. NCR score sheets must be single sided. Ergo single sided regular score sheets are preferred.
              We did similar calculations and reasoning when designing scoresheets for the Aurora CC.
              Many players don't mind to write on other blank side if there are more than 50 moves in the game. Though, we always provide the second blank if we see it will be needed, especially in the Open section where NCR are used.

Comment

Maybe I'm the deranged one, but a "score pad" sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Like, it's the last pad in the pile of pads and you can score after that?

Sorry to bring that up.

'Score sheet' is just so much more to the point.

Comment

A "score pad" would be referring to a stack of single scoresheets glued together that can be torn off one by one. Makes them easier to store...but more time-consuming to distribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu Cloutier View Post
                    Maybe I'm the deranged one, but a "score pad" sounds like a feminine hygiene product. Like, it's the last pad in the pile of pads and you can score after that?

Sorry to bring that up.

'Score sheet' is just so much more to the point.
                    when I started doing this, I did actually have the print shop put them into pads of 100 so it sticks in my mind as "score pad". Using pads of 100 is a bit more compact, makes it easier to estimate how many you have in stock, but is a pain to rip off individual sheets for each board in each round and adds to the cost.

Comment

Working...
                    X