X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Sid Belzberg

Hi Sid,

I believe you are a Trump supporter.

I was brought up to tell the truth...hence why I am not a fan of lawyers :).

At the end of the day, if he produces results all will be forgiven.

Care to share your opinions.

Thanks

Larry

Re: Questions for Sid Belzberg

Originally posted by Larry Bevand
    I believe you are a Trump supporter
    I predicted here on chess talk very early on that Trump at a minimum was as likely to win as Hillary was. This was at a time when the conventional wisdom on sites like 538 dot com were giving Hillary an 80% chance of winning. I found Trumps comments about women , disqualifying a Judge from a civil lawsuit on the basis of his parents ethnicity, a one size fits all approach to Islamic refugees all to be vile and disgusting.
    That being said as bad as all of that is I found Hillary to be much worst. I have never liked the Clinton's history going back to the days when Hillary was a public defender. She was openly very proud of defending a child rapist and getting him off almost scott free by casting aspersions on the child victims mental stability. i did not like her being an apologist for her husbands excesses and blaming everything on a "vast right wing conspiracy".

Her corruption when her husband was an Arkansas governor was disturbing. Particularly where she was a purported commodities trader who took one side of a trade for thinly traded commodities (thus the price is easily manipulated) as a vehicle to collect bribes for her then Governor of Arkansas husband. This corruption only grew worst over time culminating in the Clinton Foundation taking in hundreds of millions of dollars in return for political favors. The pinnacle of this corruption was in the sale of a local company here in Toronto UUU1 that controlled vast Uranium concessions both in Kazakhstan as well as the US that ultimately was sold to a company controlled by Vladimir Putin. That Uranium in Kazakhstan is now being exported by the ton to Iran where in a few years when their deal expires will have enough Uranium to build multiple atomic bombs. The sale of UUU1 coincided with the principals becoming very generous in donating tens of millions of dollars to the Clinton foundation when the sale of this business required Secretary Clinton's approval.
    The deal with Iran was a complete betrayal to Israel and the rest of the world that has to now deal with the emboldened and much wealthier number one state sponsor of terror. The Bush invasion of Iraq was a terrible but pulling out of there and allowing the vacum for ISIS to come in was one of many terrible decisions made.
    The economic policies resulted in Obama never achieving more then 3 percent growth for any of the eight years of his Presidency. I have said before that Trumps tax proposals to make America competitive with economic miracle tax havens like Singapore and Ireland will make for an awesome economy and apparently the one indicator that truly counts (the market) has bought into this.
    So yes, I am a supporter of the GOP platform even though I have no particular love of Trump and do not like several factions within the GOP itself. However eight years of the Dems and the general state of the world was enough for me.

Comment

Re: Questions for Sid Belzberg

I predicted Trump would win here on chesstalk early in the primaries.

For me it is solely about the man rather than his opponents. I've followed Trump's career since the mid 80's and it is his business savvy that I felt (and still do feel) that in the long run will benefit Canada.

Comment

Working...
      X