Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFC Website issues

Okay folks.
    Some weird shit going on with the website today.
    If you lookup a cross table post this week, some of them are linking to the wrong tournament.
    We believe this is a caching problem on the net somewhere. We anticipate it will resolve itself in time.

The rating calculations should be okay.

Re: CFC Website issues

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
    Okay folks.
    Some weird shit going on with the website today.
    If you lookup a cross table post this week, some of them are linking to the wrong tournament.
    We believe this is a caching problem on the net somewhere. We anticipate it will resolve itself in time.

The rating calculations should be okay.
    I don't think that theory of 'caching on the internet' holds much water. The page ( http://chess.ca/crosstable ) seems to have static links in there to point to the desired crosstable. I am guessing that there is some process that rebuilds that page whenever a crosstable is added or otherwise modified and that process did not run or did not complete... That is just a W.A.G. (wild a$$ gue$$)

Eg: the link on that page (supposedly) to "The Knights of Chess April Regular" is the following link (h t t p is shown below so the link isn't automatically shortened):

h t t p://chess.ca/crosstable?tournament_check_number=201705010&key=10ce03a1ed01077e3e289f3e53c72813

and that leads to something entirely different... more than likely, the key= parameter is wrong (old)
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
      I don't think that theory of 'caching on the internet' holds much water. The page ( http://chess.ca/crosstable ) seems to have static links in there to point to the desired crosstable. I am guessing that there is some process that rebuilds that page whenever a crosstable is added or otherwise modified and that process did not run or did not complete... That is just a W.A.G. (wild a$$ gue$$)

Eg: the link on that page (supposedly) to "The Knights of Chess April Regular" is the following link (h t t p is shown below so the link isn't automatically shortened):

h t t p://chess.ca/crosstable?tournament_check_number=201705010&key=10ce03a1ed01077e3e289f3e53c72813

and that leads to something entirely different... more than likely, the key= parameter is wrong (old)
      I certainly don't understand anything Kerry just said, but ..... like all Chesstalker's........that doesn't stop me from fully agreeing with him.........I don't let facts (Or lack of knowledge of them) stop me from having my opinion and my say!

Bob A

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
        I don't think that theory of 'caching on the internet' holds much water.
        No, I was correct. The problem seems to have resolved itself, finally!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
          No, I was correct. The problem seems to have resolved itself, finally!
          As they said on the X-files, you can believe whatever you like... the link to that tournament now points to:

h t t p://chess.ca/crosstable?tournament_check_number=201705011&key=240ac9371ec2671ae99847c3ae2e6384

notice that highlighted key value is now different and does indeed point to the tournament it thinks it should refer to... something changed that page
          (I suppose that there could be some caching of the page contents somewhere but I wonder where that would be?)

You may actually be right Bob but I am not sure all of the odds and ends that might be in play here... ;) at least it is working once again!
          ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Working...
          X