Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
    You're peddling racially based stereotypes. Like I said, you know nothing about America. You could at least read up on the matter before posting about it, though.

Another racially charged myth coming from you. Read up.

How dumb can you get? Sexual assault is notoriously hard to prove. Just because something can't be proven in a court doesn't mean that it didn't happen. Trump has obviously committed sexual assault. He's fucking bragged about doing it. If you seriously doubt whether he's a rapist piece of shit, you're a rapist enabling piece of shit.
    Wow, I look forward to the cool, logical thought processes of lawyer Daswani in the courtroom. ;-)

P.S. I lived in California. ;-)
    "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

This isn't a courtroom. I don't have to be polite. If you act like misogynist garbage, I'll call you misogynist garbage.
      everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
        Here is another dissenting view regarding the Qur'an. Note the author and publisher.

http://forward.com/opinion/206518/no...-anti-semitic/
        Garland it is an interesting article. The author excuses the numerous antisemetic passages of the Quran with all kinds of theories including suggesting that other religions such as Christianity have similar passages. These are interesting theories but as you know in science you normally want theories backed up with reproducible evidence. In short in science we like to see the world as it is, not, as we would like it to be. The actual history of the Jews of the Arabian peninusula being wiped out by the "Prophet" Muhammad and his gang speaks far louder then any words in the Quran or the Hadiths. This is the way the world is not subject to interpretation other then trying to invalidate historical evidence and records.
        I will say that a major source of guidance for Islam beside the Quran are Hadiths that have some of the more direct dictates then the quran to wipe out the Jews as cited below.

In the case of Quran we have two key time periods The first is the initial phase of the birth of Islam took place in Mecca under Mohamed during a peaceful period where the religion was more like a peaceful cult that did not attack others. During this period the language is relatively peaceful and the passages are more peaceful then the Medina Period. After Mohamed migrated to Medina and they started killing those that would not submit to their beliefs we see most of the Jews of the Arabian Penisula were wiped out. Here is a link to the history of the Jews in Arabia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_tribes_of_Arabia We have seen 15 centuries of violence against the Jews and almost anyone else that would not submit to this religion.
        The history suggests a very different picture then the somewhat rosey interpretation the author of the article states with no tangible evidence that contradicts the actual history of what happened. The Quran is not in chronological order which complicates the interpretation considering the law of abrogation in the Quran that makes it clear that the Medina period overrides any passages during the earlier peaceful Mecca period. Here are two examples of recent clerics promoting wiping out the Jews including one visiting cleric in Montreal. They both quote the same hadith to justify this. Given the history I cited above that continues to this day the authors interpretation you cite is nothing but fanciful thinking.

"In the video, the imam recites in Arabic the verse: "O Muslim, O servant of Allah, O Muslim, O servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him."

CBC independently verified the speech and its translation.

The controversial verse comes from a religious text known as a hadith, which interprets the words and actions by the Prophet Muhammad.

The hadith in question deals with end times and tells how stones and trees will ask Muslims to come and kill Jews hiding behind them."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...sque-1.4037397
        http://freebeacon.com/issues/califor...hilation-jews/

Fifteen centuries later nothing changed. As I said I do not have anything against Muslims as most do not take these hadiths seriously.
        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 27th July, 2017, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom O'Donnell View Post
          1) The US would not come to a screeching halt without ILLEGAL immigrants. Sure, the wealthy would have to pay more to have their lawns cared for and their children privately watched. Meanwhile, working-class people, currently unemployed, would have opportunity to not have to compete with illegal labour.

Well, maybe not a screeching halt, BUT inflation would soon reach unacceptable levels. Already, with ICE increasing deportations and less Mexicans coming across the border since Trump took office, the California agricultural community is reeling. Production is down 10% this summer, farmers cannot find the workers to hand-pick the crops and having to leave them rot in the fields. Food inflation will be picking up as a result.

As I stated at the beginning of this year, "America First" once it fully gets rolling will result in very high inflation for Americans. Couple that with rising interest rates and suddenly that $19 trillion U.S. foreign debt becomes an albatross around the neck of the economy and everything starts to come unraveled.

Tom O'Donnell:
          "In chess terms, Clinton is a move that loses a piece."

Tom O'Donnell
          (in response to a statement from Ben Daswani that "Trump has committed sexual assault"):

"I encourage you to take Trump to court and charge him with sexual assault."

Now, there's the definition of double standard. Hillary Clinton comes out of the Benghazi commission investigation, survives 11 hours of questioning, and not a charge is laid. She goes through a thorough months-long FBI investigation into her emails, and not a charge is laid. But nevertheless she's "a move that loses a piece".

Meanwhile, Trump admits to, even brags about, committing sexual assault, and yet because no one can prove it in court (maybe because sexual assault cases often end up blaming the victim), he's as clean as a whistle.

Sorry Tom, you lose all credibility with that double standard. Oh, but you're going to say the FBI was in on a fix (maybe you got that from FIX News?) and the Benghazi commission too. Yes, true, they are being directed by the alien Grays from their base deep under the Antarctic ice shield (from the Tom O'Donnell school of "I have THE explanation for everything").

The real story is, you Tom do not care about crimes of sexual assault. Your much bigger concern is the possibility of war somewhere in the world. So you would put a sexual assault criminal in the White House if it prevented war somewhere in the world. That's ok, you are allowed that viewpoint. It's just that.... well, if your wife ever became the victim of sexual assault (and I'm assuming you love your wife), maybe your view would change?

Just saw a story yesterday: the CEO of health insurer Aetna in the U.S. has had a total change of heart and is now saying single-payer health insurance should be discussed as the future of health care in the U.S. What made him do a 180 on that? Oh, well, his son had some sort of life-threatening illness, and then this guy himself had something similar due to a recent accident. And he found out that his own company didn't want anything to do with covering any activity that would help either his son or himself to RECOVER from their afflictions and become productive again, such as therapy and mental recuperation.

Funny how experience can turn people's opinions around.... but Tom, I wish no ill on your wife. I would prefer instead that you just continue to not care about how safe she is against sexual assault.
          Only the rushing is heard...
          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Trump is now attacking Jeff Sessions, his attorney general. His most loyal supporter and early endorser in the election campaign.
            Republican Senators who have enabled Trump are finally starting to speak up against Trump but only after one of their own is attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNYaSr7ZXMU

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
              Well, maybe not a screeching halt, BUT inflation would soon reach unacceptable levels. Already, with ICE increasing deportations and less Mexicans coming across the border since Trump took office, the California agricultural community is reeling. Production is down 10% this summer, farmers cannot find the workers to hand-pick the crops and having to leave them rot in the fields. Food inflation will be picking up as a result.

As I stated at the beginning of this year, "America First" once it fully gets rolling will result in very high inflation for Americans. Couple that with rising interest rates and suddenly that $19 trillion U.S. foreign debt becomes an albatross around the neck of the economy and everything starts to come unraveled.

Tom O'Donnell:
              "In chess terms, Clinton is a move that loses a piece."

Tom O'Donnell
              (in response to a statement from Ben Daswani that "Trump has committed sexual assault"):

"I encourage you to take Trump to court and charge him with sexual assault."

Now, there's the definition of double standard. Hillary Clinton comes out of the Benghazi commission investigation, survives 11 hours of questioning, and not a charge is laid. She goes through a thorough months-long FBI investigation into her emails, and not a charge is laid. But nevertheless she's "a move that loses a piece".

Meanwhile, Trump admits to, even brags about, committing sexual assault, and yet because no one can prove it in court (maybe because sexual assault cases often end up blaming the victim), he's as clean as a whistle.

Sorry Tom, you lose all credibility with that double standard. Oh, but you're going to say the FBI was in on a fix (maybe you got that from FIX News?) and the Benghazi commission too. Yes, true, they are being directed by the alien Grays from their base deep under the Antarctic ice shield (from the Tom O'Donnell school of "I have THE explanation for everything").

The real story is, you Tom do not care about crimes of sexual assault. Your much bigger concern is the possibility of war somewhere in the world. So you would put a sexual assault criminal in the White House if it prevented war somewhere in the world. That's ok, you are allowed that viewpoint. It's just that.... well, if your wife ever became the victim of sexual assault (and I'm assuming you love your wife), maybe your view would change?

Just saw a story yesterday: the CEO of health insurer Aetna in the U.S. has had a total change of heart and is now saying single-payer health insurance should be discussed as the future of health care in the U.S. What made him do a 180 on that? Oh, well, his son had some sort of life-threatening illness, and then this guy himself had something similar due to a recent accident. And he found out that his own company didn't want anything to do with covering any activity that would help either his son or himself to RECOVER from their afflictions and become productive again, such as therapy and mental recuperation.

Funny how experience can turn people's opinions around.... but Tom, I wish no ill on your wife. I would prefer instead that you just continue to not care about how safe she is against sexual assault.
              Why would I hold her responsible for Benghazi? Did I mention Benghazi? I only recently got a TV - my wife wanted one - after about five years without it. I couldn't tell you which channel is Fox on our cable package.

No, my reason has nothing to do with Benghazi. It has to do with a number of factors including, but not limited to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqAM1rTY6jA

I prefer people who can work with other folks. I am no fan of Putin but if the US can have military bases around the world, why can't other countries?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/u...ton-libya.html

"... Mrs. Clinton declined to be interviewed. But in public, she has said it is "too soon to tell" how things will turn out in Libya and has called for a more interventionist approach to Syria. ..."

I am certainly not suggesting there is zero chance (or even a great chance) that Trump won't continue the seemingly neverending attempts to "spread democracy" or whatever they call it, and destabilise countries. Again, he is an unknown, and could be influenced by a warmonger like McCain or someone more peaceable like Rand Paul or even Tulsi Gabbard. His tendencies with respect to this were (and even to some extent are still) unknown.

In contrast, Clinton is just a bad move. To my mind, she has learned nothing and appears to want to double-down on her mistakes.

On this issue, I would choose Sanders over Clinton. I dislike almost everything else about Sanders, but anyway he was not a choice in the general election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmIRYvJQeHM

Compare this to Obama announcing the death of Osama bin Laden.

I am inferring that you believe that I consider Trump some sort of great man. I don't. This was not a choice between Trump and someone who was perfect. It was a choice between Trump and Clinton.
              Last edited by Tom O'Donnell; Thursday, 27th July, 2017, 07:28 AM.
              "Tom is a well known racist, and like most of them he won't admit it, possibly even to himself." - Ed Seedhouse, October 4, 2020.

Comment

• Debby Wasserman Schultz the real collusion revealed

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/07/2...llusion-russia

Comment

This was not a choice between Trump and someone who was perfect. It was a choice between Trump and Clinton.
                  All of your problems with Clinton relate to the international sphere. In what bizarre world does that take precedence over literally all of domestic policy?

And so she's a warmonger. You even acknowledge that there may be a great chance that Trump will be one, too. ("I am certainly not suggesting there is zero chance (or even a great chance) that Trump won't continue the seemingly neverending attempts to 'spread democracy' or whatever they call it, and destabilise countries." - TO)

You say ridiculous things like:

Again, he is an unknown, and could be influenced by a warmonger like McCain or someone more peaceable like Rand Paul or even Tulsi Gabbard.
                  Well, so far he's been influenced by the religiously extremist and at times white supremacist faction of the Republican Party on every issue, so, yeah man, sounds like he's a total unknown. I wonder where he's gonna fall on relations with the Islamic world when his core is a bunch of racist Christian supremacists screaming, "Deus Vult!"

I prefer people who can work with other folks.
                  This is the most ironic thing I've ever read on this board. Trump, and the Republican Party as a whole, are notoriously bad at working with the other. It's truly the party of straight, white males.

everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

All of your problems with Clinton relate to the international sphere. In what bizarre world does that take precedence over literally all of domestic policy? ...
                    I imagine in every country that isn't the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
                      This is a condition unique to Muslim's
                      White Christians Protest 12-Year-Old Rape Victim Being Allowed Abortion

Yeah, you really gotta watch out for that Sharia Law in America. Sneaking up on us.

Comment

Hi Bob. The tide may finally have turned. When a prominent Republican like Graham speaks out so explicitly against Trump you can bet there's a lot more going on behind the scenes.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/27/linds...-sessions.html
                        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Yeah, you really gotta watch out for that Sharia Law in America. Sneaking up on us.
                          Actually, it is worst then even Sharia law in America sneaking up on us. Here is how the Mosque in Callfornia tries to rationalize its hatred of Jews (we meant to say "destroy them, not to annihilate them" as per the explanation the Mosque sent to Breitbart news.
                          http://www.breitbart.com/california/...ot-annihilate/
                          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 27th July, 2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

I'm not a Christian, I am pro-choice, and oppose all religions forcing their beliefs on people.
                            I am also in favour of people using the law to further their aims and they should be allowed to protest peacefully whenever possible.

Comment

I imagine in every country that isn't the USA.
                              Wow, brave you. Eager to sacrifice the freedoms of American women, communities of color and LGBTQ people for what you acknowledge is a tiny chance that Trump will buck the trend and stop being influenced by religious extremists and racists, at least when it comes to international relations.

And you're basically acknowledging that Americans voted against their own interests when they elected Trump. You're now arguing that Trump's election was in the world's interests, not the American people's.

Comment

I'm not a Christian, I am pro-choice, and oppose all religions forcing their beliefs on people.
                                I am also in favour of people using the law to further their aims and they should be allowed to protest peacefully whenever possible.
                                What about when their aims are to impinge on the freedoms of others? You have more reverence for the law than you do for freedom itself? Yeah, you're a real libertarian.

Comment

Working...
                                X