Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
    24 hours??? I don't think so, maybe 24 minutes if that.
    Posted: August 1st, 2017, 04:58 PM
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Today at 01:27 PM.

You continue to edit your post and it's been days. You are an Internet-obsessed freak. Get a life.

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
    Originally posted by Ben Daswani
    I trust your shady ass farther then I can throw it
    That's not a real quote. You know how I know? Because I wouldn't mix up "then" and "than." If you want to quote me, then quote me. Don't make some stuff up to the best of your apparently shitty recollection, but actually quote me.
    everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Originally posted by ben daswani View Post
        Posted: August 1st, 2017, 04:58 PM
        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Today at 01:27 PM.

You continue to edit your post and it's been days. You are an Internet-obsessed freak. Get a life.

That's not a real quote. You know how I know? Because I wouldn't mix up "then" and "than." If you want to quote me, then quote me. Don't make some stuff up to the best of your apparently shitty recollection, but actually quote me.
        Fair enough, the quote was on page 18 of this thread and I thought I actually had cut and paste it. I noticed also that it looked incorrect and was surprised as I know you pride yourself in your writing.
        Originally posted by Ben Daswani
        I trust your shady ass about as far as I can throw it.
        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Thursday, 3rd August, 2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

These Days - Jackson Browne and Warren Zevon

Montage of contemplative middle aged men.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.87c6e14c4516

An interesting read!

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
              'Trump - New Thread' has been captured by pirates. 'Trump - The NEW, New Thread' will now be the place where ChessTalkers can engage in civil discourse about Trump. : /
              209,000 new jobs in July 2017

Unemployment rate also dipped from 4.4 percent to 4.3 percent.

Average hourly earnings increased by 9 cents.

Hope you guys don't break your ankles jumping off the Dem's bandwagon!

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                209,000 new jobs in July 2017

Unemployment rate also dipped from 4.4 percent to 4.3 percent.

Average hourly earnings increased by 9 cents.

Hope you guys don't break your ankles jumping off the Dem's bandwagon!
                Are you really touting job reports as something great Trump did ? It's a lagging indicator and Obama
                added something like 10 million jobs since the financial crash. Ontario actually has stronger results then the
                US this year.

At best these results are neutral for Trump. But like everything these days, he desperately hangs onto every
                supposed win to try to deflect from his failures. And you apparently are hanging on his words.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Smith View Post
                  Are you really touting job reports as something great Trump did ? It's a lagging indicator and Obama
                  added something like 10 million jobs since the financial crash. Ontario actually has stronger results then the
                  US this year.

At best these results are neutral for Trump. But like everything these days, he desperately hangs onto every
                  supposed win to try to deflect from his failures. And you apparently are hanging on his words.
                  Really? Ontario has added more jobs than Trump's 1.1 million jobs in the last seven months?

Under Trump, lowest unemployment since 2001! Barack who?

Isn't fair to compare Trump vs Obama in their respective first seven months in office, so I won't go there. But if he can keep up an average of about 200k jobs per month, 19+ million new jobs will have been created by the end of his two terms. Yuuuge! Simply Yuuuge!

Again ...Barack who?
                  Last edited by Neil Frarey; Saturday, 5th August, 2017, 01:38 AM.

Comment

July 2016: 255k new jobs (https://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/05/nonf...july-2016.html)
                    July 2015: 215k new jobs (http://www.businessinsider.com/jobs-...ugust-7-2015-8)
                    July 2014: 288k new jobs (https://www.theguardian.com/business...ent-rate-drops)

Thanks Obama!

Comment

2009 32 million Americans trying to survive on food stamps.

2016 46 million Americans trying to survive on food stamps.

Thanks Obama!

Comment

2009 32 million Americans trying to survive on food stamps.

2016 46 million Americans trying to survive on food stamps.

Thanks Obama!

Wrong.

Neil, you obviously don't understand lagging indicators. You are so desperate to create a silver lining to the disaster that has been the Trump Presidency....

As shown here, from September 2016, the food stamp numbers were receding at a record-setting pace. And the article explains why:

"The primary driver, according to Trussell, is the reinstitution of work rules by states. During the financial crisis, the federal government allowed states to waive requirements regarding employment for SNAP recipients as the unemployment rate soared.

Recently, however, this policy has changed as the unemployment rate has now dropped to below 5% for the country. .... Twenty-two states have implemented new work rules in 2016, in addition to 15 that had already put them back in place."

So in 2009, the Great Recession was raging due to deregulation of the banking industry leading to the mortgage securities crisis...

Thanks Dubya!

Obama bailed out GM and Chrysler to restore a sense of economic control and stability. Simultaneously the FED was engaged in Quantitive Easing.

Gradually.... GRADUALLY, NEIL!.... the unemployment rate was brought down, jobs were created, the economy began to recover, but of course, the food stamp program was at record usage even in 2014 because of the built-in lag. Without that lag -- if the waivers had been ended a couple of years sooner -- the recovery would have sputtered and stalled.

You need to learn this kind of stuff if you really want to grow the CFC. You show a general tendency of oversimplification, much like Trump himself.

You say things are "easy peasy" without even understanding the fundamentals. For example, your idea of offering trial CFC memberships good for 2 or 3 rated CFC weekend events. There are 2 things to consider about this idea:

(1) with respect to juniors, this is merely going to delay new revenue to the CFC because the new juniors that take advantage of it are ones that are fully intending (or their parents are fully intending) to join the CFC anyway. So yeah, take advantage, delay that membership payment for a few rated events. There are very few juniors that are "on the fence" about joining the CFC and need a few trial events to convince them. Juniors are primarily brought to the CFC by their parents, and for those that are brought in, the parents' minds are already made up: "Yes, I want my kid(s) in the CFC. Oh, look, a trial membership, ok, let's use that before we have to actually pay."

(2) with respect to adults, you are going to be lucky to get 5% of trial memberships turning into actual paid memberships. You might get some decent number of adults using the trial memberships... they will get crushed (mostly by Juniors) in 2 or 3 rated events.... and they won't come back, except for the very few masochistic ones who have no social life (there's always a few of those).

The problem isn't so simple as getting people out to enter tournaments. The problem is getting them to totally enjoy the tournament experience, enough to throw away their normal weekend social life. This is the fundamental Neil Frarey (and many others before him) just doesn't get.

"Sell the sizzle, not the steak" doesn't work for chess, because once you get past the sizzle, the elite get the filet mignon and the rest get nothing but gristle.

Oversimplification of complex problems is a trait that Neil Frarey and Trump have in common. "Who knew that healthcare would be so complicated?" from Trump himself, ha ha ha !!!!!

Fred McKim, you have been suckered. But I did love how you offered Neil his true value ($1).
                        Only the rushing is heard...
                        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
                          Wrong.

Neil, you obviously don't understand lagging indicators. You are so desperate to create a silver lining to the disaster that has been the Trump Presidency....

As shown here, from September 2016, the food stamp numbers were receding at a record-setting pace. And the article explains why:

"The primary driver, according to Trussell, is the reinstitution of work rules by states. During the financial crisis, the federal government allowed states to waive requirements regarding employment for SNAP recipients as the unemployment rate soared.

Recently, however, this policy has changed as the unemployment rate has now dropped to below 5% for the country. .... Twenty-two states have implemented new work rules in 2016, in addition to 15 that had already put them back in place."

So in 2009, the Great Recession was raging due to deregulation of the banking industry leading to the mortgage securities crisis...

Thanks Dubya!

Obama bailed out GM and Chrysler to restore a sense of economic control and stability. Simultaneously the FED was engaged in Quantitive Easing.

Gradually.... GRADUALLY, NEIL!.... the unemployment rate was brought down, jobs were created, the economy began to recover, but of course, the food stamp program was at record usage even in 2014 because of the built-in lag. Without that lag -- if the waivers had been ended a couple of years sooner -- the recovery would have sputtered and stalled.

You need to learn this kind of stuff if you really want to grow the CFC. You show a general tendency of oversimplification, much like Trump himself.

You say things are "easy peasy" without even understanding the fundamentals. For example, your idea of offering trial CFC memberships good for 2 or 3 rated CFC weekend events. There are 2 things to consider about this idea:

(1) with respect to juniors, this is merely going to delay new revenue to the CFC because the new juniors that take advantage of it are ones that are fully intending (or their parents are fully intending) to join the CFC anyway. So yeah, take advantage, delay that membership payment for a few rated events. There are very few juniors that are "on the fence" about joining the CFC and need a few trial events to convince them. Juniors are primarily brought to the CFC by their parents, and for those that are brought in, the parents' minds are already made up: "Yes, I want my kid(s) in the CFC. Oh, look, a trial membership, ok, let's use that before we have to actually pay."

(2) with respect to adults, you are going to be lucky to get 5% of trial memberships turning into actual paid memberships. You might get some decent number of adults using the trial memberships... they will get crushed (mostly by Juniors) in 2 or 3 rated events.... and they won't come back, except for the very few masochistic ones who have no social life (there's always a few of those).

The problem isn't so simple as getting people out to enter tournaments. The problem is getting them to totally enjoy the tournament experience, enough to throw away their normal weekend social life. This is the fundamental Neil Frarey (and many others before him) just doesn't get.

"Sell the sizzle, not the steak" doesn't work for chess, because once you get past the sizzle, the elite get the filet mignon and the rest get nothing but gristle.

Oversimplification of complex problems is a trait that Neil Frarey and Trump have in common. "Who knew that healthcare would be so complicated?" from Trump himself, ha ha ha !!!!!

Fred McKim, you have been suckered. But I did love how you offered Neil his true value ($1).

At the very least take the effort and do some prep, Paul. Come back here when you've got something worthwhile.

Here's a good place for you to start:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Are+free+trial+...ness+tactic%3F

Have a nice day!

Comment

Great piece from FoxNews Neil Cavuto

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/...boy-cover.html

Comment

At the very least take the effort and do some prep, Paul. Come back here when you've got something worthwhile.

Here's a good place for you to start:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Are+free+trial+...ness+tactic%3F

Have a nice day!

Hey, Neil, I'm back and I have a free trial offer! You get 2 free weekend passes to my new business: The HammerHead Electric Club!

Members stand in front of a super large 80" 4K display that is constantly streaming Trump news. Every time the word "Trump" is heard on the news, each member hits himself or herself in the head with the rounded end of a 12 oz. ball peen hammer!

Everyone is attached to a 20,000 volt electric circuit, and if anyone fails to hit their head with the hammer when the word "Trump" is mentioned, they get a 5 second shock.

Last person standing is the winner!

Normal membership fee is $50 per year plus cost of TrumpCare enrollment.

Free trial! So Neil.... you gonna join? :D:D:D
                              Only the rushing is heard...
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
                                Yes, all aboard the Titanic!
                                Trump polls are failing, slowly but surely.
                                Trumps approval ratings:
                                538 (Nate Silver) 37.8% (day 1 45.5%)
                                Real Clear Politics: 39.2% (day 1 44.3%)
                                Trump's approval rating continues declining.

538 (Nate Silver) - 36.6%
                                Real Clear Politics - 38.0%

These are both averages of several major polls.

Comment

Working...
                                X