Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
    What if somewhat had a belief that atheists are superior to theists in intelligence with the evidence based on questionable research? Clearly that person should not be allowed to take a job which is funded by taxpayers either directly or through allowing tax deductions to donors.

What if someone had a belief that all modern day atheists have an "agenda" which includes.... I'm not going to enter it just yet, because the moment I do, Larry Bevand will remove this entire thread. That is because Larry recognizes hate speech when he sees it, and knows it is against the criminal code of Canada.

Vlad Drkulec has this very belief, and has expressed it here on ChessTalk (thread removed by Larry). Yet there are CFC voting members here who are doing nothing about it, knowing that Vlad has committed criminal acts.

Fundamentally speaking, it is even incumbent on Larry Bevand to be the one who reports Vlad to the authorities. Just removing the threads, and failing to report Vlad to the authorities, could land Larry in serious trouble himself.
    Only the rushing is heard...
    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      Yes you are wrong about this as you were about what the word antisemitism refers to. Please educate yourself more about all of this before making such statements.
      All right then, please forgive my ignorance and be kind enough to educate me.

If the fact that Jews claim they are God's special and chosen people has not resulted in any antisemitism, or racism against them, as you claim, then what are the reasons for all of the antisemitism, or all of the racism directed against Jews?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
        All right then, please forgive my ignorance and be kind enough to educate me.

If the fact that Jews claim they are God's special and chosen people has not resulted in any antisemitism, or racism against them, as you claim, then what are the reasons for all of the antisemitism, or all of the racism directed against Jews?
        Originally posted by Brad Thomson
        If the fact that Jews claim they are God's special and chosen
        For starters this is not a "fact" as not all Jews have bought into this dogma. Therefore the rest of your sentence does not make sense. I am sure you know how to use google and can read up about the subject and draw your own conclusions. I never offered to educate you, I encouraged you to educate yourself.
        Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 17th June, 2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

For starters this is not a "fact" as not all Jews have bought into this dogma.
          Of course not all Jews embrace Judaism, and I should have been more careful with my words. As far as whether or not Judaism is a dogma that some Jews have bought into I will take your wise advice and seek to educate myself farther before opining.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            You simply have no understanding of what actually happened in any of these communist revolutions. In most cases they killed the intellectuals and teachers and not the ruling classes.
            Yes they did, but they did it not because they were theists, but because they were perceived as a threat to the revolutions. The communist revolutions were not religious wars, Vlad, that is all I am saying, sir. They were political/economic/social wars. They were not about religion, they were neither crusades nor jihads.

Comment

Also from Wikipedia
              The Khmer Rouge, under its policy of state atheism,[49] actively persecuted Buddhists....

Again , also from Wikipedia
              Traditionally, a large segment of the Chinese population took part in Chinese folk religions[58] and Confucianism, Taoism and Buddhism had played a significant role in the everyday lives of ordinary people.[59][60][61] After the 1949 Chinese Revolution, China began a period of rule by the Communist Party of China.[62][63] For much of its early history, that government maintained under Marxist thought that religion would ultimately disappear...

And some more pearls of wisdom the great Paul Bonham has decided to share with us today....

From Wikipedia
              State atheism was an official policy in the Soviet Union and other Marxist–Leninist states....

None of this proves that these various events were strictly wars between atheists and theists. I maintain that in all these events, many atheists died and suffered, and NOT because they were mistaken as theists. I believe Brad has it right that these events were more broad than simply a matter of atheism trying to remove all vestiges of theism. That may have been a PART of it, but was not the underlying concern.

Your own "pearls of wisdom" only show that you haven't learned how to separate the wheat from the chaff.

In the other thread that Larry removed (because I mentioned Vlad's claim about atheists, and Larry recognized that claim as criminal code violation), you misinterpreted the Criminal Code section 318 section about identifiable groups: you made it a matter of atheism being identifiable AS a religion, whereas the clause says a group only need to be identifiable BY religion. Very big difference. Atheists are identifiable BY religion because they are the only group whose members ALL must have NO religion. You obviously don't understand how law is written and interpreted.
              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham
                identifiable BY religion. Very big difference.
                No, nothing in the law that talks about deducing on the basis of no religion in any event the group would probably be far too broad to fall under the Canadian legal definition of identifiable. Why debate with me about your stupid conjectures? Go to the RCMP website and ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                  Vlad, you are the one who claimed that Sanders is an "anti-Christian bigot". Howsabout you actually support that statement rather than the opinions of those who don't see the bigotry as "nonsense"? The Vought hearing doesn't show that.

Steve

P.S. Your definition of "atheist" is simplistic and vague.
                  Lets be clear. Bernie is a bigot as is much of the Democratic party.

My definition of atheist is the same as the one in the dictionary.

Comment

Vlad, simply restating a claim is not the same as providing support for that claim.

Comment

Since Garland has already posted this there is no need for me to repeat it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Manley View Post
                        Vlad, simply restating a claim is not the same as providing support for that claim.
                        Since Jason has already posted this there is no need for me to repeat it.
                        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post

But Peter, if you DID repeat it, that would support it! :D

Of course, you could also search for Taylor Swift song lyrics.....l
                          Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad Thomson View Post
                            Of course not all Jews embrace Judaism, and I should have been more careful with my words. As far as whether or not Judaism is a dogma that some Jews have bought into I will take your wise advice and seek to educate myself farther before opining.
                            Originally posted by Brad Thomson
                            As far as whether or not Judaism is a dogma that some Jews have bought into I will take your wise advice
                            I consider certain aspects of Judaism as dogma, not the entire religion. I am now finding your posts out of context and sarcastic. i will warn you once not to consider me a target for abuse so that you can save face. Consider yourself warned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Manley View Post
                              I do not have to provide support for a claim when Bernie Sanders own words convict him. The irony is that the chairwoman of the Democratic Party had to resign over the same kind of discrimination when directed at Bernie Sanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
                                Since you are just trolling I don't need to repeat it.

Comment

Working...
                                X