Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: If he was thinking he could scare us with the sound of a dog barking...

Erik, Paul, Bob, Kerry, and Nigel, forget about Trump and the NFL. We need to get together to brainstorm on a business model for a new retail concept. I've asked my lawyer to register a corporation under the name 'Nuclear Winters R Us Inc.' Lets go lads!! We need to strike while the ICBMs are hot!! :)
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Originally posted by Peter McKillop View Post
      Erik, Paul, Bob, Kerry, and Nigel, forget about Trump and the NFL. We need to get together to brainstorm on a business model for a new retail concept. I've asked my lawyer to register a corporation under the name 'Nuclear Winters R Us Inc.' Lets go lads!! We need to strike while the ICBMs are hot!! :)

I suggest that to help with the brainstorming, we all go fission.

Elliot Lake, Ontario -- once known as "Uranium Capital of the World" -- has some nice spots. Bring your Geiger counters.
      Only the rushing is heard...
      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post
        I suggest that to help with the brainstorming, we all go fission.
        LOL. That joke is da bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
          LOL. That joke is da bomb.
          I have grave reservations about this joke.

Comment

What? I have no idea what to think about your post!
            Anyway Peter, I was wondering what you thought of the Alabama election yesterday.

Trump and McConnell backed establishment Republican Strange who lost to Moore, the insurgent candidate backed by Steve Bannon.
            What does this mean for the 2018 elections?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...strange-243188

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gillanders View Post
              Anyway Peter, I was wondering what you thought of the Alabama election yesterday.

Trump and McConnell backed establishment Republican Strange who lost to Moore, the insurgent candidate backed by Steve Bannon.

A move to the right of Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                I was listening to Tom Ashbrook's show on NPR (WBUR Boston) this morning. The interviewee referred to Moore as being Trumpier than Trump. :) The 2018 mid-terms should be very interesting. Ashbrook's interviewee (I forgot his name - some newspaper guy from Birmingham) thought that moderate Republican incumbents across the country would be the targets of primary challenges from the far right.
                "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Just a bit of gallows humour, Bob. :)

Re Moore: a bit scary; especially considering his background as a judge (remind you of Judge Roy Bean?).

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
                    I don't think it is relevant to try and place Trump anywhere along the traditional left/right political spectrum.
                    On the ethical, moral, or decency scales, I place him at absolute zero. Everyone else > absolute zero.
                    In terms of temperature, 0 degrees Kelvin, or minus 273 degrees Celsius.
                    Or as I have said previously, no redeeming qualities.

But Vlad, as you have pointed out before, he does have remarkable skills as a con man. While his latest attacks on the NFL players and owners have the liberal media in a frenzy, as this article points out, they do unfortunately play right into his tiny hands.
                    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/25/opinio...ngs/index.html
                    Last edited by Bob Gillanders; Thursday, 28th September, 2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• Re: Trump - The NEW, New Thread

Greg Shahade's tongue-in-cheek (I hope) look at the NFL protests: http://www.gregshahade.com/

Comment

New York Times interview with key Republican Senator Bob Corker.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/u...mp-corker.html

Comment

New York Times interview with key Republican Senator Bob Corker.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/u...mp-corker.html
                          To me, Trump has become somewhat of a loose cannon.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Frarey View Post
                            To me, Trump has become somewhat of a loose cannon.
                            Whoa!! Mr. Frarey has just entered the Canadian Understatement Hall of Fame. Loose cannons everywhere are crying out, "What did we do to deserve this?"

Comment

Disturbing reports coming in from Puerto Rico.....

Those paper towels that Trump was so triumphantly tossing into the crowds of suffering island natives.....

(that's right, folks, it's an island.... surrounded by 'big water.... ocean water....' lol)....

reports coming in now of many unwitting users of the paper towels getting ink all over their hands / faces......

That's right..... Trump University Masters Degrees. Didn't even bother putting them through recycling.
                              Only the rushing is heard...
                              Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Whoa!! Mr. Frarey has just entered the Canadian Understatement Hall of Fame. Loose cannons everywhere are crying out, "What did we do to deserve this?"
                                Peter, I believe the Society of Loose Cannons declined Donald's membership application!
                                Well, I am not a psychiatrist, but...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-FRjTcgmvc

But I give Trump a perfect score for Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
                                I hope the White House have some good psychiatrists on staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X