The NEW Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NEW Thread

Post on a topic of interest to you - the question is........will the viewers take a chance on some gem being hidden here, below their view!!!

NOTES: 1. You are forbidden, under pain of being drawn and quartered, to mention the name of he who shall not be named, or of anything ever the most remotely connected to he who shall remain nameless.

2. (Edited in) In a later post, I asked the NEW THREADERS whether they though chess should also be banned from this thread (Only joking)
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Wednesday, 14th June, 2017, 07:52 AM.

Re: The NEW Thread

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
    Post on a topic of interest to you - the question is........will the viewers take a chance on some gem being hidden here, below their view!!!

NOTE: You are forbidden, under pain of being drawn and quartered, to mention the name of he who shall not be named, or of anything ever the most remotely connected to he who shall remain nameless.
    Say hello to the NEW thread. Same as the OLD thread....

Question: how many Voldemort threads does it take to strangle a discussion board?

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Douglas; Tuesday, 13th June, 2017, 10:02 PM. Reason: misspelled Voldemort

Comment

I read that there was a Harry Potter prequel film in the works, focusing on the backstory of Lord Voldemort. I have to say that I'm very curious about how they'll incorporate global history into such a piece, especially considering the implications the book series makes about Gellert Grindelwald (a continental European Dark Wizard whose reign of terror over the continent was ended by Dumbledore in 1945)

Comment

Oh-oh - Steve mentioned the name of he-who-must-not-be-named. Is stoning too good for him? At least we can be sure that there aren't any women here (though I'm not too sure of the manliness of some of the posters).

Comment

The Devils have the first overall pick in the upcoming draft. Who will they select?
          everytime it hurts, it hurts just like the first (and then you cry till there's no more tears)

Comment

Don't you just hate it when your Costco receipt enters a wormhole and jumps into the future as you are heading for the exit. I distinctly remember depositing it into my back pocket and stopping at the Costco concession stand. As I am getting ready to leave I check the back pocket where I put it and it is not there. I check my other pockets and dig out receipts from the library, the thrift store and several other places but no Costco receipt. There was even an old Costco receipt but not the current one. Talk to the floor manager and they print out a different looking receipt which they have to sign and all is good, I won't have to sleep over at Costco. Today, I come home and can't find my receipts from Zehrs and Walmart. They are on the floor in my car. I reach into my pocket and find the original receipt from yesterday's Costco trip. How is this possible. The pocket was empty. There was nothing in it and yet,... there it was today in my front right pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
              Don't you just hate it when your Costco receipt enters a wormhole and jumps into the future as you are heading for the exit. I distinctly remember depositing it into my back pocket and stopping at the Costco concession stand. As I am getting ready to leave I check the back pocket where I put it and it is not there. I check my other pockets and dig out receipts from the library, the thrift store and several other places but no Costco receipt. There was even an old Costco receipt but not the current one. Talk to the floor manager and they print out a different looking receipt which they have to sign and all is good, I won't have to sleep over at Costco. Today, I come home and can't find my receipts from Zehrs and Walmart. They are on the floor in my car. I reach into my pocket and find the original receipt from yesterday's Costco trip. How is this possible. The pocket was empty. There was nothing in it and yet,... there it was today in my front right pocket.
              In my world, Vlad, same thing.........stuff just regularly disappears...........and sometimes it may reappear......sometimes just gone forever.....I've learned to live in a world where everything does not follow the normal laws of physics!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Manley View Post
                I read that there was a Harry Potter prequel film in the works, focusing on the backstory of Lord Voldemort. I have to say that I'm very curious about how they'll incorporate global history into such a piece, especially considering the implications the book series makes about Gellert Grindelwald (a continental European Dark Wizard whose reign of terror over the continent was ended by Dumbledore in 1945)
                What I have found interesting relating to the Harry Potter MegaEvent over many years, is that Emma Stone (Have I got this right?) has become such an eloquent speaker on behalf of girls and women's rights and equality, and I believe other progressive causes. I saw one article that said she has a project where she buys books, and then goes out under cover of darkness, and squirrels them away anywhere, for someone else to find and read them - a very thoughtful and generous "little" project.

Bob

Comment

Alexi Kovolev.

Comment

What I have found interesting relating to the Harry Potter MegaEvent over many years, is that Emma Stone (Have I got this right?) has become such an eloquent speaker on behalf of girls and women's rights and equality, and I believe other progressive causes. I saw one article that said she has a project where she buys books, and then goes out under cover of darkness, and squirrels them away anywhere, for someone else to find and read them - a very thoughtful and generous "little" project.

Bob
                    Emma Watson

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                      Emma Watson

Steve
                      Someone said Jeff Sessions looks like a Harry Potter house elf.
                      "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
                      "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
                      "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Harry Potter books = cool
                        Harry Potter movies = shit

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Douglas View Post
                          Emma Watson

Steve
                          thanks Steve (Bad memory here)

Comment

NOTE: You are forbidden, under pain of being drawn and quartered, to mention the name of he who shall not be named, or of anything ever the most remotely connected to he who shall remain nameless.
                            Is there something wrong with this picture?? https://www.commondreams.org/views/2...lds-population

Comment

I note that in the above description for the "MISSION" of the "NEW THREAD", I omitted something...........

Should we also ban all chess posts from this thread?..........what is the opinion of all the NEW THREADERS?

Bob A

Comment

Working...
                              X