Promotion in chess with context from other sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Promotion in chess with context from other sports

Hi Frank. There are some people who won't be interested in this post ( e.g. Bator "sammy reshevsky" Sambuev, Pierre Denommee, the NAC, the CFC, etc.) but I thought you might be. The link I've provided below will take you to a chessbase article on the recently concluded Dundee GM Tournament which was run in tandem with the Scottish Open Championship. If you scroll down you'll see a picture of the playing hall and, lo and behold, pairs of extra queens are visible on non-GM boards!! What a novel idea for an arbiter to anticipate that, even on the lowly boards, extra queens might be necessary. Oh how I hope that someday Caissa might bless Canada with an IA who anticipates that providing an extra pair of queens in a championship game is a must-do.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/greet-i...ee-anniversary
    "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
    "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
    X