X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? No favicon?

EOCA doesn't have a favicon?

Re: What? No favicon?

I just made a 16x16 bitmap that could be a suitable favicon. I would post it on this site, but I cant't seem to be able to upload it.

Comment

Good stuff!

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
      I just made a 16x16 bitmap that could be a suitable favicon. I would post it on this site, but I cant't seem to be able to upload it.
      Are you working with a text editor? I use Atom, but more recently I'm using Brackets ...it's super lightweight and its Live Preview & Enable Live Preview is crazy awsum. If you are using a text editor, first drop the image file into the image folder, then open the index.html file and code into the <head></head> ... a link to the icon with type and size attributes:

<link rel="icon" href="images/***" type="image/png" sizes="16x16">

The above *** is just a placeholder for the image file name, something like fav.png ...or whatever its name.

-----

Another common method is to use a free third party favicon (ico) service. Upload the image and grab the link. I've only tried this service once wayyy back in 2005.

-----

I prefer total control and simply write one line of code ...feed the head!
      Last edited by Neil Frarey; Sunday, 6th August, 2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

I meant Chesstalk. I sent the icon link to our webmaster. I have no website skills whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
        X