10th Calgary International norm hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th Calgary International norm hunt

After 5 rounds of play there are several players with norm opportunities. FM Jason Cao is very strong in his hunt for the third IM norm and in fact he even has some GM norm chances.

The unbelievable 10 year old Christopher Yoo is going for an IM norm despite a 5th round loss to GM Bator Sambuev after a tough fight.
    FMs Olivier Kenta Chiku-Ratte, Diwen Shi, Yuanchen Zhang and Hans Niemann have some IM norm chances as well.

Games are available at: http://calgary-international.com/pgn.html (More are being uploaded)

Live games at: http://calgary-international.com/Live_Games.html

Re: 10th Calgary International norm hunt

Is there a link for the 2017 PGN file? All links I've tried give me the 2016 games.

Comment

Hi Hugh, the file hasn't been uploaded yet, we are still putting in games, kinda got behind during the tournament. Should be up in a few days.

Comment

Were any norms achieved ?

Comment

The short answer is no. There were some interesting games from those in the hunt, you will have to wait a few days to see them. I will post here when they have been uploaded. We are aiming at all games, depending on my code breaking abilities.

Comment

Thank you to all for organising this special event. International tournaments are a lot of work, and the fact that this was the 10th year is an amazing feat. Such a great opportunity for young players to get norms and improve. There were also hard fought games, were very very few short draws. The gm's were also very friendly which is always a bonus. Looking forward to next year.

Comment

Working...
            X