Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOCA, map this!

Just a suggestion ... EOCA map.

Did you know that with Google Maps JavaScript API there's a whole bunch of goodness to take advantage of to better serve your members?
    • Delineate the entire EOCA area with boundary by using a Polyline!
    • Add markers, symbols ... and Info Windows!

Here's some easy peasy how-to links:

EOCA area with a 'not yet' showing boundary:

Google Map JavaScript API how-to:

Re: EOCA, map this!

Hi Neil.

Sorry, I clicked on the links, just saw a map with the RA Centre highlighted. I'm not sure what you are up to with this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Garland Best View Post
      Hi Neil.

Sorry, I clicked on the links, just saw a map with the RA Centre highlighted. I'm not sure what you are up to with this one.
      Sorry for the confusion.

As title 'EOCA area with a 'not yet' showing boundary' suggests ... that's our area without a clearly defined boundary.

The EOCA isn't the Grand Prix. The EOCA is an actual physical area.

When I was EOCA pres I got my map copy from the OCA which was a rolled up paper map. From what I remember it encompasses the area from Hawkesbury up the Ottawa river to just past Mattawa(?) down to through Peterborough(?) to Cobourg(?) and then down along the St. Lawrence river back over to Hawkesbury.

The second link is all about the how-to make use the Google map by adding an overlay of the EOCA territory boundary (polyline). Plus, the ability to add Markers (tournament sites) Symbols (chess stuff) and Info Windows (text about tourney) that show on Mouse Over.

So, the first link shows the approximate EOCA area 'not yet' delineated and the second link the how-to make the Google map serve the members!

Very useful and exciting stuff!

Your webmaster should be able to get all done ...easy peasy.
      Last edited by Neil Frarey; Tuesday, 8th August, 2017, 11:47 PM.

Comment

EOCA covers the area with postal codes beginning with K. I recall seeing a map once of this area, but can't seem to find it now, although I can find a Canada wide map.

Comment

The "K" region....

http://www.topmoving.ca/moving-tools...astern-ontario

Comment

Working...
          X