Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bye(s) in the last round(s)

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
    I did mention that one has to take ALL blogs with a grain of salt or perhaps the entire shaker... anyway, Susan Polgar has some skin in the game too obviously. There is SO much disinformation around (even ignoring the anonymous posters). I have corresponded with Susan Polgar and I believe she has done more for chess in the US than everyone else on the USCF board - and she continues to devote all of her time and energy to chess. My money is on her versus Goichberg.
    Hi Kerry,

What is happening right now at the USCF, and particularly between these two, is very sad. My experience with both of them over the decades, has always been positive. I doubt either side is totally right or wrong. The problem is that once the war begins it is hard to stop...

I believe that Goichberg has contributed a great deal to U.S. chess over the years...why he would ever want to be USCF President is beyond me.

Larry

Comment

Re : Re: Bye(s) in the last round(s)

Originally posted by Larry Bevand View Post

I believe that Goichberg has contributed a great deal to U.S. chess over the years...why he would ever want to be USCF President is beyond me.

Larry
      With the kind of business that he runs (making chess tournaments for profits) why he was ever allowed to become USCF President is beyond me. Of course Bill Goichberg is not a bad person but he runs his business in an old fashioned way, in the typically north american way to make chess tournament: he takes as much money as he can from tournament players and returns just the part needed to make a profit. Personally, in sharp contrast with Susan Polgar, he has no communication skills and very little of the kind of charisma that attracts sponsors and good will. Clearly in my view he is not the kind of leader that a Chess Federation needs.

Comment

Working...
      X