Winnipeg, Sault Ste.Marie, Sudbury, North Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winnipeg, Sault Ste.Marie, Sudbury, North Bay

Hi, as some of you know, I am driving across our great land at the end of this summer! :)

Most of my western itinerary has been set, including wine'n'cheese with Tony in Calgary!

After that, I intend to pick up speed, and spend the night in 2 of the 4 cities in the title.

Exactly where I stop will depend on a variety of factors, but one of them would be if there was a chess club to visit on the way. Failing that, I would welcome meeting someone over local treats and casual chess. Note that I already have sleeping plans, so I am not trolling for a place to stay! If you are interested in meeting for casual chess and some local dining that I would never expect to get in suburban Ottawa, LOL, please email me with your full address that I could MapQuest, and your phone number(s) that I could call as I approach.

All the best, arismarghetis at rogers dot com

Re: Winnipeg, Sault Ste.Marie, Sudbury, North Bay

If you're there on Saturday night.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHhx3y__9w

:):):)

Comment

By the way, the applicable dates are now most probably August 31st & September 1st.

Comment

It's been more than 30 years since I last drove across northern Ontario, but, if the Dryden Paper Mill is still in business, no trip across that part of the province would be complete without a brief stop in Dryden to take in a big chunk of the fresh air. ;)
        "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office." - Aesop
        "Only the dead have seen the end of war." - Plato
        "If once a man indulges himself in murder, very soon he comes to think little of robbing; and from robbing he comes next to drinking and Sabbath-breaking, and from that to incivility and procrastination." - Thomas De Quincey

Comment

Working...
        X