Brantford Food Bank Tournament Report and Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brantford Food Bank Tournament Report and Results

14 brave players raced against incoming storm clouds at 2009 Brantford Food Bank Tournament.

Bob Gillanders aka. (Bobzilla) cleared the clouds and the field with 4.5/5 and clear 1st (Gold Medal and $10 Chapters GC)

Local hero John Vlasov came 2nd after massacring Kitich, Zeljko in a crazy 1 min hour galss game (Silver Medal and $10 Chapters GC) 4/5

3rd Place and undefeated Zeljko Kitich (Bronze Medal and $5 Chapters GC) 4/5

Photographer and chess reporter extraordinaire Mei Chen Lee framed the final prize. ($5 Chapters GC) Thanks for the excellent photos watch for them soon.:)
    2.5/5

The real winner of this tournament was the Brantford Food Bank "Forking" a yummy $55 and 2 Full Boxes of Food.:)

Thanks to Rob Gashagarian for helping pull this tournament off :)

Thanks to all. Lee Hendon

Results: Attached Full Cross Table

1st Gillanders, Robert 4.5 (Gold $10 Chapters G.C.)
    2nd on Playoff Vlasov, John 4 (Silver $10 Chapters G.C.)
    3rd Kitich, Zeljko 4 (Bronze $5 Chapters G.C.)
    4th Gashgarian, Rob 3
    5th - 6th Hendon, Lee 2.5
    5th - 6th Mei Chen, Lee 2.5 ($5 Chapters G.C.)
    7th - 8th Nunes, Garvin 2
    7th - 8th Turjanyi, John 2
    9th - 11th Cormier, Adam 1.5
    9th - 11th Springett, Paul 1.5
    9th - 11th Osborne, Christopher 1.5
    12th - 13th Nunes, Paulo 1
    12th - 13th Mills, Mathew 1
    14th Benoit, Paul 0

Last edited by Lee Hendon; Monday, 13th July, 2009, 01:55 AM.

Re: Brantford Food Bank Tournament Report and Results

Excellent tournament & a good cause. Great playing outside in the sunshine while people passed by and kids played in the wade pool in the snazy new Market Square. Yes I'll admit I'm a terrible blitz player, that hourglass is an interesting concept, one minute on your clock & the more you think the more your opponents time goes up.

Thanks to Lee & Rob & the Brantford Chess Club, look forward to doing this again in August. Like I told Bob who I drew, this is not over :)

One minor thing, not that it really matters but in the final round I played black, I had already had 3 whites up to then so I was due for another black. Of course it wasn't that easy doing the pairings when the pairing cards were blowing away :)
    Last edited by Zeljko Kitich; Monday, 13th July, 2009, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X