how many non-sticky threads can you see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many non-sticky threads can you see?

Hi there, I try and hit ChessTalk a few times a day, and so if I can tweak my display to make it more effective, well that would save me time and frustration. Right now, there are so many stickys, that I can actually only see one real thread at the bottom of the first page. So, does anyone know of any setup trick so that I can see more of what I want?!

Thanks and regards, Aris.

Re: how many non-sticky threads can you see?

Do you see a "New Posts" in a "toolbar"? (you can search to find it)
    Start at http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/index.php
    and then "New Posts"

or immediately
    http://www.chesstalk.info/forum/search.php?do=getnew
    Last edited by Egidijus Zeromskis; Monday, 13th July, 2009, 09:51 AM.

Comment

I can see eight non-sticky threads. More than enough.

Comment

Originally posted by John Coleman View Post
        I can see eight non-sticky threads. More than enough.
        Now we're getting somewhere, as I can only see 1! Are there options to omit toolbars, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Aris Marghetis View Post
          Now we're getting somewhere, as I can only see 1! Are there options to omit toolbars, etc?
          Aris, What is your screen size? and what size fonts do you use? Maybe the same thing as Zoom out would help you as well.

To get rid of the page "toolbar" is really complicated (it is possible but not recommended.)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post
            Aris, What is your screen size? and what size fonts do you use? Maybe the same thing as Zoom out would help you as well.

To get rid of the page "toolbar" is really complicated (it is possible but not recommended.)
            Thanks Egis, but I am resigning myself to there just being too many stickys, and I have to live with it. I am really busy working on a contract due for the middle of August, and I just can't spend any more time on this. Maybe over time, the stickys will erode away! ;)

All the best.

Comment

Try holding ctrl and moving your mousewheel up/down, it will change the font size and might help.

I'm not really sure where all the stickies came from, I've been away a few days.
              Christopher Mallon
              FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Working...
              X