Hamilton And New SWOCL site back up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamilton And New SWOCL site back up...

The Hamilton and SWOCL sites are back up; but, I don't know how long they will last. I will be contacting Primus Canada to see if any of the trickery I used to get them working are against my wonderful new phone company's policies.

In the mean time please visit the sites and email me and let me know if you have any technical problems surfing the sites:

New SWOCL site:
    chess.servegame.com/swocl

Hamilton City Chess Club:
    chess.servegame.com/hamilton

Re: Hamilton And New SWOCL site back up...

Originally posted by Garvin Nunes View Post
    In the mean time please visit the sites and email me and let me know if you have any technical problems surfing the sites:

New SWOCL site:
    chess.servegame.com/swocl
    it's not technical but design issue: too dark.

Comment

Good grief, do you give free flashlights to visitors?

Comment

Hi Garvin:

As the others have said, the SWOCL site is kinda dark. I think a bigger problem is the size of the font on both sites. It seems very small on the Hamilton site and a small font size will work even worse as white on "charcoal" on the SWOCL site.

Steve

Comment

Is there general agreement to have larger fonts on the SWOCL site?

The site will eventually look brighter when I start replacing parts of the background with photographs of chess players. Still, I can lighten the background somewhat if the fans agree that would help the site.

Comment

I have decided to go with a completely different look for the SWOCL site. Please go to chess.servegame.com/swocl and tell me if you like the direction I have chosen.

If you want to check the standings in the SWOCL grand prix that info has also now been updated. (Special thanks to John Jordan!)

Comment

Working...
            X