Sam Shankland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Shankland

Who? The newly crowned American champion. (ahead of the golden trio) Still playing phenomenally well. Tied for first in the American Continentals. Just cracked 2720 and number 27 in the world.

Re: Sam Shankland

Not to mention winning the Capa Memorial in between. Sam does great opening prep and often spends less than 1 minute on the first 25 moves. I had the pleasure of spending 10 days with him at 2016 Edmonton International. I would love to see him crack the top 10, but easier said then done.

Comment

Sam Shankland's rating 2727 and #27 in the world. Nice numbers.

Comment

Sam Shankland

June 29, 2018

Sam is on the covers of the current New In Chess and Chess Life.

In the former (2018#4), Sam annotates the two key games that brought him the title – Onischuk-Shankland and Shankland-Liong.

After the Liong game he writes this, "“Finally US Champion! I had dreamt of this moment for as long as I could remember, and I was glad to play a strong final game to clinch the title, a 2700+ rating, $50,000 and the satisfaction of playing the best tournament of my career so far."

In the July 2018 Chess Life, he is on the cover with Nazi Paikidze, both holding their Championship trophies.

The cover story is entitled “The Spirit of St. Louis” by Mike Klein.

Robert Hess writes about Sam’s Ragozin and Daniel Naroditsky, about the endgame vs Zherebukh, while John Hartmann reviews the U.S. Champion’s new book Small Steps to Giant Improvement, Master Pawn Play in Chess. I have checked the publisher and the book will not be released until Nov 7, 2018!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Komer View Post
          Sam Shankland

Robert Hess writes about Sam’s Ragozin and Daniel Naroditsky, about the endgame vs Zherebukh, while John Hartmann reviews the U.S. Champion’s new book Small Steps to Giant Improvement, Master Pawn Play in Chess. I have checked the publisher and the book will not be released until Nov 7, 2018!
          You can buy Small Steps to Giant Improvement (as well as The Shankland Method Parts 1 and 2) on Sam's website https://samshankland.com/store/

Comment

Sam Shankland

June 29, 2018

Thank you, Ian, I was wondering how John Hartmann got to review the book long before it was supposedly published.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Findlay View Post

You can buy Small Steps to Giant Improvement (as well as The Shankland Method Parts 1 and 2) on Sam's website https://samshankland.com/store/
              It's also available through Forward Chess.

Comment

Working...
              X