2018 Chessfest at Toronto Harbourfront June 9,10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Chessfest at Toronto Harbourfront June 9,10

2018 Chessfest at Toronto Harbourfront this weekend. Any links?

Re: 2018 Chessfest at Toronto Harbourfront June 9,10

at the Annex CC website

Comment

1pm Sunday, rated Toronto Blitz Championship, 3 minutes + 2 sec, $1,000 first prize

Already 30 preregistered:
      Last edited by Dark Knight; Thursday, 7th June, 2018, 12:20 AM.

Comment

It was my first time playing in a blitz only tournament and the format is very well run. 58 players and all over in just over 4hrs is impressive. The weather cooperated and the venue was in a great location.

Thank you to everyone who helped organized and volunteered to help out. There were plenty of non chess players who were intrigued and if the point was to spread chess awareness and education, it was successful!

Comment

I enjoyed my visit and a reunion with old friends and chess buddies. I even managed to watch a few seconds of Artiom Samsonkins win of the Toronto Blitz Championship.

Comment

blitz photos

photos of the Blitz Championship on the CFC Newsletter facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=08fcd353b8

Comment

Re: blitz photos

Artiom Samsonkin won the $1,000 first prize, defeating both Nikolay Noritsyn 2-0 and Razvan Preotu 1.5-.5. He lost one game to Goran Milicevic and drew one with Victor Plotkin. Tied for second were Noritsyn, Peter Vavrak and Jonathan Tayar.
              Last edited by Erik Malmsten; Wednesday, 13th June, 2018, 08:24 PM. Reason: switched player scores

Comment

Re: blitz photos

Erik,

Please check the final standings and change your post accordingly . Thank you.

http://chess-results.com/tnr360394.aspx?lan=1&art=4

Comment

Working...
                X