• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Open has been rated by CFC

The Canadian Open has now been rated by the CFC:

Crosstable here:
    http://www.chess.ca/xtable.asp?TNum=200907013

Re: Canadian Open has been rated by CFC

Mark has just taken over the #1 spot on the list! Congrats!
    Christopher Mallon
    FIDE Arbiter

Comment

At that level I suspect the players go by the FIDE rating list where they find their peers.
      Last edited by Gary Ruben; Wednesday, 22nd July, 2009, 10:40 PM.
      Gary Ruben
      CC - IA and SIM

Comment

What's with the player at the bottom of the list #203? No games played or was not rated as his membership expired July 1? No previous games or events either. Who is this mysterious person?

Comment

Originally posted by Zeljko Kitich View Post
          What's with the player at the bottom of the list #203? No games played or was not rated as his membership expired July 1? No previous games or events either. Who is this mysterious person?
          I edited this. Thought you meant the rating list but appearantly it was the tournament table.
          Last edited by Gary Ruben; Thursday, 23rd July, 2009, 12:41 AM.
          Gary Ruben
          CC - IA and SIM

Comment

My guess is he registered but didn't show up.

Comment

He's an Edmonton junior (probably with a chess n' math rating) who registered, but didn't show up despite his $110 entry fee being paid by the local junior chess club. Consider it a donation to the prize fund.

I suppose we could have saved $3 in rating fees by leaving him off the crosstable, but we forgot to do so. Consider it a donation to the CFC.

Comment

Thanks Michah. So is his membership expiry date correct of July 1, 2009?

Gary I was referring to the link in the first post which was the crosstable.

Comment

Thanks Michah. So is his membership expiry date correct of July 1, 2009?

Gary I was referring to the link in the first post which was the crosstable.
                  Zeljko, that just means he bought a tournament membership, rather than a yearly membership.

Comment

Working...
                  X