Spraggett over the top...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraggett over the top...

It seems KS (yes, the same of "Resign Moron" fame...) has a bit of a hate on for Peter Stockhausen. Check K.S.'s recent blog postings about the disappearance of Stockhausen and then Kevin's calling everyone (it seems) into the dirt about it: CMA is slagged, the entire chess-playing community of B.C. is slagged... the fun never ends.

Unlike some other blogs, there seems to be no way to respond to any of KS's drivel on the blog (one has to assume email to him about it would be ignored or made into a new posting perhaps).

http://kevinspraggett.blogspot.com

(caution: not for people easily offended)

PS: anyone still on dial-up Internet should give that site a pass; the main page is gigantic and takes a while to load. I suppose the only things missing are annoying music (ala Sam Sloan) or blinking marquee tags... perhaps that will accompany the much-awaited reports on the CFC etc that K.S. keeps promising but somehow not finding time to post...

lol
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Re: Spraggett over the top...

FYI - the site kevinspraggett.com is not registered under Kevin's name. It is registered under the name of an infrequent poster on Chesstalk (and has been paid up until August, 2010).

Comment

Hi Hugh:

My instinct suggests Anthony Cheron - any chance this totally blind shot hit the mark?

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Armstrong View Post
        Hi Hugh:

My instinct suggests Anthony Cheron - any chance this totally blind shot hit the mark?

Bob
        The "Anthony" part is right ...

I am not sure that the person who registered the domain name is relevant (although I admit it is interesting). The actual chess-related material on those sites (kevinspraggett.com and kevinspraggett.blogspot.com) is very, very good material. Most of the other stuff is occasionally funny - but on certain topics it is tasteless.

Comment

yes his hate for Peter seems over the top, but most material on that site is over the top. He and Peter obviously have a sour past relationship that I have no details on... nor do I really care... His humor can be tasteless, but I often find it amusing :) KS blog is often a great source of material/jokes that I send my dad... I must compliment him on his fantastic chess articles though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            FYI - the site kevinspraggett.com is not registered under Kevin's name. It is registered under the name of an infrequent poster on Chesstalk (and has been paid up until August, 2010).
            I started kevinspraggett.com back in 2000 or so with Kevin's permission and chess related contributions. As I was unable to devote as much time as I wanted to the site, sometime in 2008 I suggested that Kevin blog and gave him a couple of quick tips (that was all he needed; he is a quick study !). He has been quite prolific and I think the chess world is better for it. The chess features are great. The other stuff I find entertaining, but perhaps it is not for everyone. (My view, "If one doesn't like it, don't go there !")

So I decided (again with Kevin's agreement) to remove the hosting for kevinspraggett.com, but enabled domain forwarding to the blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Boron View Post
              I started kevinspraggett.com back in 2000 or so with Kevin's permission and chess related contributions. As I was unable to devote as much time as I wanted to the site, sometime in 2008 I suggested that Kevin blog and gave him a couple of quick tips (that was all he needed; he is a quick study !). He has been quite prolific and I think the chess world is better for it. The chess features are great. The other stuff I find entertaining, but perhaps it is not for everyone. (My view, "If one doesn't like it, don't go there !")

So I decided (again with Kevin's agreement) to remove the hosting for kevinspraggett.com, but enabled domain forwarding to the blog.
              Thanks for the information; I find the chess content of Kevin's blog to be very interesting and high quality. I have also lol'd at some of the pictures he has posted (I certainly have seen far worse on websites) but, just for the record, I tire of his penchant for announcing some huge tome or treatise and then counting down to the release and then inevitably dragging out some reason why it isn't quite ready yet... and I tire of the attacks on the CMA, the CFC, Peter Stockhausen, selected former rivals etc etc. (although he may well have information that many of us do not have - especially since he hasn't actually bothered to post that information in most cases)

I do visit the blog from time to time - I suppose it is "moth and flame" syndrome...

Comment

Kevin's blog is a reflection of everything good and bad about Kevin himself. One unfortunate aspect is his apparent perspective on women; in the past he hasn't exactly been supportive of chess projects involving women so this all makes sense in retrospect. Looking beyond this obvious flaw we can still see he's an interesting man, sometimes entertaining and obviously skilled in the game. He plays the political chess game all the time, but the chess organization created this environment and he just knows how to operate in this "game". When his "expose" comes out he may show a darker side again but maybe he'll upside surprise all of us with a reasonable analysis. I reserve judgement on this item.

One aspect he is highlighting now is the intense secrecy involving the CFC/CMA and how they operate. I'm not sure he's right at all about the CMA but the CFC with their private forums and general lack of clarity/visibility and service orientation ( except for isolated individuals ) fits the bill. The Stockhausen case is quite a strange example really because Peter is a current CFC Governor and I can't get past the contradictions between his wife's public plea, the RCMP involvement, and the hint from some chess players/officials that he is "ok". This contradiction may even result in legal issues for either side. Kevin is in fact correct that the chess community looks bad as things stand right now. Perhaps it takes someone divorced from the situation to simply remind you of the contradiction and that it doesn't look good. A little clarity might go a long way.
                Last edited by Duncan Smith; Saturday, 1st August, 2009, 03:08 PM.

Comment

One good thing about his coverage of Peter S is the posting of his wife's blog
                  http://sites.google./site/stockhausendisappearance/

some details are coming out, it would be great if he would come forward and set things straight as things are looking very poorly for him.

Comment

Correct link

http://sites.google.com/site/stockhausendisappearance/

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post
                      I tire of his penchant for announcing some huge tome or treatise and then counting down to the release and then inevitably dragging out some reason why it isn't quite ready yet... ..
                      To be fair: Kevin is often participating in European Events and cannot make his blog a full - time occupation. Many of the bigger essays , ie. the Alekhine one for example have been very extensively researched and it is obvious that much time has been taken to piece these larger essays together. Try doing something like this yourself sometime and see how long it takes! Setting a countdown timeframe is probably done to keep himself going at completiing a detailed project ( not to misguide others or keep them on a string - but that is my opinion )

The information found on the website concerning chess is for the most part, original, well-detailed, and contains many of the 'secrets' to success at the game. Kevin's blog is in fact more valuable that many expensive chess books that are out there selling on the shelves.

Re: chess politics. All of us have a different frame of reference - we witness events from different perspectives. Kevin has been on the 'inside' of chess politics for many years. His observations of chess politics are as acute as his observations of the chess pieces on the chessboard. Some people have the ability to see deeper into the position - others not.
                      Last edited by Anthony Cheron; Saturday, 8th August, 2009, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Cheron View Post
                        Re: chess politics.
                        I don't go to blogs where the Canadian flag flies upside down. I feel the sentiment runs deeper than chess.
                        Gary Ruben
                        CC - IA and SIM

Comment

Working...
                        X