Eastern Ontario Open: Section B was not FIDE rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastern Ontario Open: Section B was not FIDE rated

Hi there, first let me start with some background information. For my tournaments before this year's Eastern Ontario Open, that I had submitted for FIDE rating, all of these events were submitted as one big section. However, some people did not like how the resulting crosstables looked, as they were mixed reports across multiple sections, many of which represented no games between them. Therefore, for this year's Eastern Ontario Open, as we were also fortunate to have a dedicated floater player per section, it was decided to completely separate the sections, not just for pairings and crosstables, but of course also for ratings submissions. The hitch with that idea was that Section B had absolutely no players with real FIDE ratings (with FIDE ratings, provisionals are ignored). Thanks to Gerry from the CFC office for catching this! He correctly recommended that we actually not submit Section B for FIDE rating. This saving of slightly over $50 has been offered to me as a credit, and I will add it to the prize fund for the upcoming RA Fall Open in September.

In addition, I have slightly updated the event announcement for the RA Fall Open. The first section will definitely be FIDE rated, but subsequent sections will only be FIDE rated if they include enough players with real FIDE ratings, such that their FIDE ratings would change, and/or such that other players in that section get to build input to their provisional ratings.

I hope that all of the above makes sense. If not, feel free to ask any questions, and I will do my best to explain. In the end, Gerry from the CFC office saved us about $50 that I was about to waste, and I will be returning this money to players at the RA Fall Open.

Thanks and regards, Aris.
Working...
X