X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The appearance of the “new” ChessTalk forum

The appearance of the “new” ChessTalk forum

June 16, 2018

The appearance of the new version of the forum seems sharper and cleaner than the old one.

It is more responsive to actions.

I have been able to find almost everything that I am used to. I did click on something and got a black background with white writing that was quite unsettling until I figured how to change it back.

My thanks to the new owner for improving on our favorite forum.

The new appearance looks pretty good!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Komer View Post

I have been able to find almost everything that I am used to. I did click on something and got a black background with white writing that was quite unsettling until I figured how to change it back.
      I don't know. I tried to change some settings (my old privacy settings on showing if I was online were changed without permission) - it informed me that my DOB was invalid (listed as 01-01-1000) but does not seem to let me change it.

Comment

Roger Patterson I had a similar problem, looks like a minor bug. Just put in a valid DOB, click Save and then you will be able to go and update your privacy settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Chen View Post
          Roger Patterson I had a similar problem, looks like a minor bug. Just put in a valid DOB, click Save and then you will be able to go and update your privacy settings.
          The DOB field is not editable for me, so I am, as per my original post, unable to change it.

Comment

"General Guidelines"

no need for a regular members. Takes too much space.

Comment

Roger Patterson looks like there was an update made today to allow editing of DOB.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Chen View Post
                Roger Patterson looks like there was an update made today to allow editing of DOB.
                thank you. Although it took me a while to realize that the correct entry to "Do you play chess?" was neither "yes" or "no". (also a required field....)

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Patterson View Post

thank you. Although it took me a while to realize that the correct entry to "Do you play chess?" was neither "yes" or "no". (also a required field....)
                  You can add me to that list too... I guess that is what I deserve when I don't fully read the question and the direction. NO idea why that would be a required field and the point of it escapes me anyway. {shrug}
                  Now my date of birth is correct and still hidden. The subtle difference between that and the old state of incorrect and hidden is also a mystery. Perhaps there is a legal requirement somewhere to make sure forum participants are >12 or something like some of the gaming web sites? Dunno.
                  ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry Liles View Post

You can add me to that list too... I guess that is what I deserve when I don't fully read the question and the direction. NO idea why that would be a required field and the point of it escapes me anyway. {shrug}
                    Now my date of birth is correct ....
                    my policy on these things is to lie about everything (but to put an age that won't disallow me from content not allowed for minors). There is no upside to telling the truth but definately potential downsides.

Didn't have to lie about the email address though - an incorrect address was already pre-filled in so I left it.....

Comment

I miss the "Next unread thread button" at the bottom of a thread. Is there a shortcut to going back to the list of topics to view the next thread?

Comment

June 21, 2018

The old forum let you know what articles members and guests were reading. And, a list of members that had visited the forum that day and their numbers were given. That has all disappeared now.

Was this considered an invasion of privacy or can we have it back? Who’s Online as it now is, seems pretty useless.

Comment

How do I get the most recent messages in a thread at the top (rather than at the bottom)?

Comment

Working...
                          X