X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabiano Caruana Book on the Way

Fabiano Caruana Book on the Way

June 25, 2018

With Fabiano playing for the World title, there should be a book with his games on the way.

This one has appeared in Russian:

Author: Kalinin, Alexander
    Title: Fabiano Caruana. Shakhmatnye uroki

(Fabiano Caruana. Chess Lessons). Fabiano Caruana, born 1992, is one of the best players in recent years. His rating reached 2844 points, at the St. Louis tournament 2014. The book contains 57 well annotated games, indexes of players and openings. Series Shakhmatny universitet no. 82

Place of publication:Moskva
    Publisher: Russian Chess House
    Year of publication: 2018
    Edition:1st edition
    Pages: 192p. 340 grams
    Binding:Hardcover
    Language: Russian + Figurine notation
    Diagrams: many
    Book size: 8vo (20-23 cm)

_________

And this tweet today:

[Steve Giddins] – “Highly impressed with V Kalinin's book on Caruana, which I am currently translating for New In Chess. One of the most instructive game collections I've seen in a while. Available later this year.”

https://twitter.com/GiddinsSteve/sta...41838345699328

Fabiano Caruana Book on the Way

August 22, 2018

The English edition of the book will be published on September 1.

Fabiano Caruana
    His Amazing Story and His Most Instructive Chess Games

By Alexander Kalinin

Paperback

208 pages

New in Chess

The publisher’s blurb

THE FIRST AMERICAN SINCE BOBBY FISCHER TO PLAY FOR THE WORLD TITLE!

"‘I started working with Fabiano when he was only five’, remembers legendary New York City chess trainer Bruce Pandolfini. ‘It was obvious that he had a rare intuition, was brave in attack and was one of the most talented players of his age that I had seen."’

Pandolfini had seen right. At 14 years, 11 months and 20 days, Fabiano Caruana became the youngest Grandmaster in the history of the United States and embarked on a glorious career.

Among his countless tournament victories, Caruana’'s legendary win in St Louis in 2014 stands out, making him the third-highest ranked chess player in history. In 2016 he became US Champion and led the golden US team at the Chess Olympiad. His victory at the 2018 Candidates Tournament in Berlin earned Caruana the right to challenge World Champion Magnus Carlsen in a match for the highest title.

Alexander Kalinin chronicles the amazing story of the first American Challenger since Bobby Fischer and follows his development from a pure attacker to a universal, all-round star. This selection of Caruana’s best and most instructive games, arranged in thematic chapters, is a perfect guide for amateur chess players, as there is plenty to be learned about all the skills that really matter.

Grandmaster Alexander Kalinin is a distinguished chess trainer from Russia. He coached Daniel Naroditsky (USA) to win the World Youth Championship and is the author of the acclaimed Chess Training for Candidate Masters.

Comment

Working...
    X