Chess'n Math received 6 boxes of Foreign language chess books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chess'n Math received 6 boxes of Foreign language chess books

A generous fellow from Toronto donated (Thank you!) 13 boxes of chess books. 7 of the boxes (English titles) are making their way into our (Strategy Games: strategygames.ca) shops over the next couple of weeks.

So we have 6 boxes of some great books in foreign languages that I don't want to just put out there. We are looking at books in Russian, German and many other languages. Some of these books are extremely rare and valuable!

Our resident Encyclopedia and the guy who enters every game possible into Canbase, (Hugh Brodie...who has made enormous contributions to chess in Canada over many decades...has taken the time to catalogue these books. You can get the list by e-mailing me.

Larry

A quick summary - most of these remaining books relate to correspondence chess or problems and studies. The language distribution (in approximate descending order): German, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, Danish. There are very few in other languages. For many of these - language isn't a problem - unless you want detailed commentary of the games from a national or regional correspondence championship..

Comment

[QUOTE=Larry Bevand;n1 7 of the boxes (English titles) are making their way into our (Strategy Games: strategygames.ca) shops over the next couple of weeks.

You can get the list by e-mailing me.[/QUOTE]

one week passed :) What is a progress? :)
      Do you check you email? :)

Comment

Originally posted by Egidijus Zeromskis View Post

one week passed :) What is a progress? :)
        Do you check you email? :)
        Hi Egis,

I've emailed you a copy of the list:)

Francis

Comment

Re: the list - note that only those books shaded in colour (to separate them by language group) are/were in the boxes. Everything in white is unavailable.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Brodie View Post
            Re: the list - note that only those books shaded in colour (to separate them by language group) are/were in the boxes. Everything in white is unavailable.
            Seems you did a lot of work on the list.

Comment

The list was originally created by the donor about 10 years ago of his complete collection. I only added the coloured shading.

Comment

Working...
              X