Looking very good for Short According to Chess-news.RU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking very good for Short According to Chess-news.RU

The probability of Makro winning appears to be very low. The fact that FIDE still can't get a bank account now that Makro is alone at the wheel might have something to do with it.

Fake news!

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
      Fake news!
      It does not make sense that a Russian website would publish fake news in favor of Short. If anything seems fake it is your idea that FIDE having no bank account although Makro is in charge and Kirsan is kicked out and that this will somehow change after an election where Makro is still in charge and Kirsan is still kicked out.

Of course what can I expect from a guy who in the last election said US sanctions would probably not happen and that Kirsan was not heavily involved with Putin among other pearls of wisdom.
      Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Wednesday, 8th August, 2018, 01:26 AM.

Comment

It looks like an online poll with 180ish responses... very scientific! The margin for error is likely no more than +/- 100%. :)
        Christopher Mallon
        FIDE Arbiter

Comment

Like I said, fake news unless each of those 180 persons is a delegate or federation president.
          Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Wednesday, 8th August, 2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post
            Like I said, fake news unless each of those 180 persons is a delegate or federation president.
            No, it is real news. The poll itself is not necessarily a good barometer of who wins the election although it does show that what Federation presidents want and what the actual chess players want are two different things. Just like was the case here in the last election.....gosh I wonder why that is?

Comment

It's an open poll - anyone can vote - not just delegates. Add your vote here....

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...c4r9Q/viewform

Comment

Working...
              X