• Show
Clear All

• Board Order for Olympiad-2018

1. GM E.Hansen
    2. GM A.LeSiege
    3. IM N.Noritsyn
    4. GM R.Preotu
    5. GM A.Hambleton

An excellent team which should perform very well for Canada!! I approve completely of the selection and the board order. Good luck and good skill!! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Dixon View Post
      An excellent team which should perform very well for Canada!! I approve completely of the selection and the board order. Good luck and good skill!! :)
      The selection was self selection by rating. These are the highest rated players that said yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Drkulec View Post

The selection was self selection by rating. These are the highest rated players that said yes.
        Wrong. The board order was not chosen by rating. Nikolay Noritsyn is lower rated than both Amen Hambleton and Razven Preotu.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post

Wrong. The board order was not chosen by rating. Nikolay Noritsyn is lower rated than both Amen Hambleton and Razven Preotu.
          Vlad is simply referring to the selection of the team, being by rating (as opposed to one player selected by committee). Board order is up to the team to decide. While a team might try to improve their lot by throwing board 1 (aiming for a better Match result), this almost never happens with the better teams.

Comment

Yes, I was bringing attention to the fact that this was the first team in many years that was selected on the basis of rating without the politics of a selection committee. It is a given that Victor will arrange matters in such a way as to extract the best possible performance out of this team. Canadians always seem to rise to the occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Shaw View Post

In the interest of effective communication it is better if you respond to what I wrote rather than what you think I wrote.
              Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Friday, 24th August, 2018, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X