Opinions about offerings at Chessable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions about offerings at Chessable

I received an e-mail offer for a course based on Dvoretsky's Endgame manual at website chessable.com
    (the link to the course is here: https://www.chessable.com/dvoretskys.../course/12519/ )

My question is this: does anyone have any experience with these particular online courses? I am not sure that is a good way to work through a serious work like the endgame manual (aside from the obvious advantages of tracking your progess, incentivizing your work etc.)

If you have bought/used chessble courses, I'd appreciate some insight how they work - is it just screen after screen of info with quizes or make the moves yourself sort of instruction or something altogether different ?

thanks
    ...Mike Pence: the Lord of the fly.

I have been looking at that site as well. The issue I find is that I have subscriptions to too many websites and keeping track of them becomes daunting after a while. Also its not always clear to me what they are offering. Sometimes there is an offer of the book and the book with videos and often these seem a bit pricey in comparison to similar products. There is another product Forward Chess which I have used and offers books and an app that lets you play through the book. It works on various platforms including Windows and Android. I had Raja Panjwani's book on the hyper-accelerated dragon on this platform before I bought the physical book from Larry Bevand at the Canadian Open/CYCC.

In general, I prefer apps that reside on my computer rather than having to go to a website to use something though I did make exceptions once or twice.

Comment

Working...
    X