Tournament Announcement: 2018 Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Active - October 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Announcement: 2018 Kitchener-Waterloo Oktoberfest Active - October 13

2018 KWCC Oktoberfest Active

Host: Kitchener-Waterloo Chess Club

Contact: Brian Clarke at bclarke1661@rogers.com or (519) 594-2430

Date: Saturday October 13th, 2018

Place: Learning Room, 2nd floor, Kitchener City Hall, 200 King St. W., Kitchener, ON

Rounds: 5

Sections: <New this Year> There will be two sections
    • Top six players (determined by CFC rating) will play a round robin tournament. Note that only players that do not require any byes are eligible.
    • All other players will play a Swiss tournament.
    We reserve the right to combine, or otherwise modify, the sections if necessary.

Rating: The tournament will be rated by CFC for Active (Quick).

Approx. Start Times: 10:00 a.m., Lunch, 12:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 3:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m.

Time Control: Game in 25 minutes plus 10 seconds delay per move (Bronstein)

Entry Fee: $40 all players, $10 discount for juniors (under 17 years) and seniors (65 years or older). Cash only at site (ATM available).

CFC membership: Full one-year membership adults $48, juniors $32 and one-time tournament membership adult $12, juniors $6. See www.chess.ca for details.

Payment: Cash only at site. There is an ATM on site.

Prizes: Cash prizes will be awarded for top placements in each section.

• Preregistration must be submitted by email to bclarke1661@rogers.com by October 11 to avoid the late fee. Payment to be made before 9:40 a.m. on tournament day at the site.
    • Late registration – Before 9:30 a.m. on tournament day at the site. A $10 late fee will be charged.
    Miscellaneous.:
    • Clocks and sets will be supplied.
    • Several restaurants are near the site.
    • Parking is available street side and underground and at the site. Parking fees apply.
    Attached Files
    Starts
    Friday, 12th October, 2018
    Ends
    Saturday, 13th October, 2018
    Last edited by Brian Clarke; Thursday, 11th October, 2018, 08:20 AM.

Here's a reminder that this tournament is just days away. If you wish to join, send me an email by this Thursday, October 11 to avoid the late fee.

Comment

We still have room for more players. Deadline is tomorrow to avoid the late fee.

Among the currently registered players we have two International Masters. The identity of one you may be able to guess, but the other, no way! To find out who they are, sign up and join us on Saturday.

One of the registered players informed me that the second reference to my email in the tournament posting above had a typo. I have corrected it; so if you had trouble getting a message through, try again and use one of the above links.

Comment

Working...
      X