Nigel Short Appointed FIDE Vice President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse View Post

Not my logic, Der Drumpher's logic which says that people may be locked up without a trial. The accusations were not unsubstantiated and were credible, but even if they were not K's rage infested diatribe alone makes him unsuitable for the Supreme Court.

Nope you are just wrong yourself. You have no evidence of criminality that would stand up by the Constitutional standard which Der Drumph, lover of Kim of Korea, wants to destroy. And I don't see youtube videos by nutcases as evidence, sorry.

Originally posted by Ed Seedhouse
    Not my logic, Der Drumpher's logic which says that people may be locked up without a trial
    That is simply your fantasy of what "lock her up" is about. No one is going to prison without a trial nor is that advocated by Trump.

You have no evidence of criminality that would stand up by the Constitutional standard
    That is for a jury to decide, not you or I.

I don't see youtube videos by nutcases as evidence, sorry.
    Who exactly are you calling a nutcase? Anyone that deigns to think for themselves? Senator Susan Collins is certainly not a nutcase.
    You are the one that sounds like a "nutcase" making this type of ridiculous pronouncement.
    Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Saturday, 6th October, 2018, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid Belzberg View Post
      That is simply your fantasy of what "lock her up" is about. No one is going to prison without a trial nor is that advocated by Trump.
      BS. I have ears you know.

Who exactly are you calling a nutcase?
      You, upon the evidence presented in this thread.
      Last edited by Ed Seedhouse; Saturday, 6th October, 2018, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I am very glad that is not the bar. That would be a very dystopian world where the elected minority could simply have any one in the world throw out any accusation (perhaps for reasons other then the nominees merits) and have them disqualified.
        Looks like you didn't look up the word "sanctity". And no, it couldn't just be anyone in the world. Any claims would have to have a thread of credibility. People say this was like a job interview, but it was even more serious than that, more like a jury selection. In jury selection, you as a potential jurist can be eliminated for ANY reason, and no one talks about this being "unfair" to any potential jurist.

This same concept (in an ideal world) should apply in triplicate to any potential SC Justice. What seems to be the problem here is that the posting of SC Justice is a "plum" posting, for life. So Susan Collins made her decision to be "fair" to Brett K., at the expense of the entirety of sexual violence victims.

It should be realized that the U.S. Constitution, like any similar document, is not perfect, and can always be made more perfect. Part of that would be to put a maximum limit on term for a SC Justice, since it turns out that Justices ARE partisan which is why there is even discussion of the court being 5-4 in favor of Conservatives.

As for Ford mentioning this years ago no evidence was provided to the committee that supports this including her therapists records and only was Justice K singled out by name by Ford as the culprit recently (only her husband claims he heard the name K from her in the past but this is not a reliable witness for obvious reasons).
        No evidence was provided to the committee....which is a fault of the PROCESS because the evidence does exist.

The FBI did what they were instructed to do by the Senate that was then authorized by Trump. Trump had no input into what the FBI would investigate.

The FBI was not told by the Senate to investigate Justice K's teenage drinking habits and accordingly did not.
        By the Senate, controlled by eleven white patriarchal males who needed to bring in a women to question Ford because they didn't want to let the public see their misogynism on display.

As for Trump having no input, perhaps if a Grand Jury is going to look into Hillary there should be one to look into the Trump question as well.

Ford herself is apparently very knowledgeable of how to defeat Polygraph tests...
        A patently RIDICULOUS claim with no evidence whatsoever.

...and at least one person (ex boyfriend who in 8 years in being with her heard nothing from Ford about the alleged assault) claims she coached a friend of hers who was applying for a job with the FBI on how to defeat a Polygraph test in the 1990s' Not withstanding this none of the corroborators offered by Ford supported her claim including her own life long friend.
        The friend signed an affidavit, subject to perjury, that no such coaching EVER took place.

I agree that Judge K should not have gone on a partisan rant and he in fact says that himself. He was forgiven for losing his temper by the majority that supported him including some women republicans as well as at least one democratic senator given that he was outraged at the outlandish allegations that harmed him, his family and even the accuser that wished to remain anonymous.
        One single partisan rant reveals a partisan outlook, and should not be "forgiven" when applying for SC Justice. Again, look up the word "sanctity". Or maybe you only care about that word when it comes to your particular religious group. Gotcha!

As for using a wage policy of Amazon's as a barometer of inflation or how well the American economy is performing proves nothing other then your own ignorance of economics and how America is doing economically.
        I didn't say anything about how America is currently doing economically (but if I must, it would be "Thanks Obama"). What I spoke to was the trend, because as we all know, nothing is forever including 0% interest rates and easy money. The trend is to higher inflation, and the Amazon wage policy isn't so much a barometer as an ingredient added to the inflation soup.
        Last edited by Paul Bonham; Saturday, 6th October, 2018, 11:49 PM.
        Only the rushing is heard...
        Onward flies the bird.

Comment

BS. I have ears you know.

You, upon the evidence presented in this thread.
          Yes you have ears but you don't appear to have brains if you really believe that Trump advocates throwing Hillary in prison without due process. "Lock her up" is nothing but political rhetoric that has no literal basis in reality without due process and never will. Dismissing any video out of hand because You Tube hosts it and claiming that anyone that posts a video from Youtube is a nut case ....well I am sure you can see how ridiculous that sounds.
          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 7th October, 2018, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Bonham View Post

Looks like you didn't look up the word "sanctity". And no, it couldn't just be anyone in the world. Any claims would have to have a thread of credibility. People say this was like a job interview, but it was even more serious than that, more like a jury selection. In jury selection, you as a potential jurist can be eliminated for ANY reason, and no one talks about this being "unfair" to any potential jurist.

This same concept (in an ideal world) should apply in triplicate to any potential SC Justice. What seems to be the problem here is that the posting of SC Justice is a "plum" posting, for life. So Susan Collins made her decision to be "fair" to Brett K., at the expense of the entirety of sexual violence victims.

It should be realized that the U.S. Constitution, like any similar document, is not perfect, and can always be made more perfect. Part of that would be to put a maximum limit on term for a SC Justice, since it turns out that Justices ARE partisan which is why there is even discussion of the court being 5-4 in favor of Conservatives.

No evidence was provided to the committee....which is a fault of the PROCESS because the evidence does exist.

By the Senate, controlled by eleven white patriarchal males who needed to bring in a women to question Ford because they didn't want to let the public see their misogynism on display.

As for Trump having no input, perhaps if a Grand Jury is going to look into Hillary there should be one to look into the Trump question as well.

The friend signed an affidavit, subject to perjury, that no such coaching EVER took place.

One single partisan rant reveals a partisan outlook, and should not be "forgiven" when applying for SC Justice. Again, look up the word "sanctity". Or maybe you only care about that word when it comes to your particular religious group. Gotcha!

I didn't say anything about how America is currently doing economically (but if I must, it would be "Thanks Obama"). What I spoke to was the trend, because as we all know, nothing is forever including 0% interest rates and easy money. The trend is to higher inflation, and the Amazon wage policy isn't so much a barometer as an ingredient added to the inflation soup.
            Originally posted by Paul Bonham
            which is a fault of the PROCESS because the evidence does exist.
            The evidence Dr Ford presented was investigated and did not support her claims Not one of the four people she alleged were at the gathering have any recollection of this at all including her life long friend. No corroboration = no evidence.
            The fact that Dr Ford has published papers on self hypnosis is evidence that she is very knowledgeable on self control that could possibly be used in an effort to defeat a polygraph test.Her boyfriend lived with her for six years and his statements were at odds with other things In Dr Ford's testimony besides teaching her friend how to defeat a polygraph test including no fear of small closed spaces, no fear of flying, did fly often, lived in a small closed space with only one door for many years, no mention whatsoever of being sexually assaulted etc etc. Several of her ex boyfriend's statements are completely verifiable, where did she live, airplane travel records etc. The ex boyfriend also signed an affidavit under threat of perjury.

Or maybe you only care about that word when it comes to your particular religious group. Gotcha!
            If you want to have a rational discussion I am open to that. You can refrain from unnecessarily bringing up my ethnicity every time you post here. My ethnicity is
            not necessarily indicative of my religious views that are none of your business.

It is the prerogative of the senate whether or not they will tolerate various issues with a candidate and apparently the majority agreed that his partisan rant under the circumstances should be ignored.The majority also agreed to confirm Judge K. It is not 11 white males or Paul Bonhams prerogative nor it is the democratic parties prerogative or even President Trumps prerogative whether or not a SC candidate gets confirmed.

Thanks Obama
            Sure, and if the economy was tanking you would be saying "thanks Trump". The top 100 money managers supported Trump in October 2016 including chess patron Rex Sinquefield not because they liked Trump but they knew his economic policies would be very conducive to a thriving US economy and they have been proven correct. I would trust in their analysis far more then anything you have to say on this and in fact i posted this fact here on Chesstalk in October 2016.
            Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 7th October, 2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Yes you have ears but you don't appear to have brains if you really believe that Trump advocates throwing Hillary in prison without due process.
              The one who lacks brains here, if either of us, appears to be you since you deny what Der Trumpher actually said. I would say we both have brains but yours is deluded and in denial of the plain evidence of the senses. Der Drumpher gets up on stage and calls, over and over, for someone to be locked up and never mind a trial and you deny it. Typical Drumph prion disease...

Ms. H. will never face a trial because there is no evidence to charge her with. That's a prediction.

Comment

The fact that Dr Ford has published papers on self hypnosis is evidence that she is very knowledgeable on self control that could possibly be used in an effort to defeat a polygraph test.
                And Sid thinks he isn't a nutcase...

If you want to have a rational discussion I am open to that.
                A rational discussion presupposes some contact with reality, so I think such an effort would be entirely futile...

Comment

The one who lacks brains here, if either of us, appears to be you since you deny what Der Trumpher actually said. I would say we both have brains but yours is deluded and in denial of the plain evidence of the senses. Der Drumpher gets up on stage and calls, over and over, for someone to be locked up and never mind a trial and you deny it. Typical Drumph prion disease...

Ms. H. will never face a trial because there is no evidence to charge her with. That's a prediction.

because there is no evidence to charge her with. That's a prediction.
                  That's simply ignorance, you simply don't want to see evidence including any evidence that happens to be hosted by Youtube on the grounds that it
                  consists of only "nutcase" posts.

The fact that Dr Ford has published papers on self hypnosis is evidence that she is very knowledgeable on self control that could possibly be used in an effort to defeat a polygraph test.

And Sid thinks he isn't a nutcase...
                  That statement is within the context that her ex boyfirend alleged that she trained a friend on how to defeat a polygraph. In fact quite a few inconsistecies to her tesitmony were uncovered by her ex boyfriend that I listed this being one of them.

I 100% agree with Trump and his supporters that Hillary is a crook and should be locked up on the basis of direct evidence cited by by the FBI as well as DKIM certified emails published on Wikileaks. That being said you can rest assured that no one advocates any punishment being meted out to her without due process including me and in America that happens to go without saying.

Since you suggest no evidence exists of Hillary's crimes i see nothing that suggest's that you have even bothered to study the massive amounts of evidence out there.The book Clinton Cash is very compelling, for starters, as well as Wikileaks emails that reveals among other things massive embezzlement from the so called charity The Clinton Foundation.

You juxtapose Hillary's crimes that are massively corroborated against a single accusation of Dr Ford's from 36 years ago before the man was an adult and while he was allegedly drunk that has absolutely zero corroboration and then suggest that they try to deny someone the job of a lifetime on this basis. That is symptomatic of the Left's total insanity.
                  Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Sunday, 7th October, 2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Not one of the four people she alleged were at the gathering have any recollection of this at all including her life long friend. No corroboration = no evidence.
                    But of course the friends of Kavanaugh who were in the room as Ford was being assaulted are not going to claim any recollection and thus incriminate themselves. Duh! And Ford's lifelong friend isn't going to remember the party because from her viewpoint nothing happened. Do you remember everything you did during your high school years?

But approximately 20 other witnesses who did claim to remember the party were not allowed to be part of the FBI investigation. Again, there may have to be a Grand Jury into how much influence Trump played in that decision.

The fact that Dr Ford has published papers on self hypnosis is evidence that she is very knowledgeable on self control that could possibly be used in an effort to defeat a polygraph test.Her boyfriend lived with her for six years and his statements were at odds with other things In Dr Ford's testimony besides teaching her friend how to defeat a polygraph test including no fear of small closed spaces, no fear of flying, did fly often, lived in a small closed space with only one door for many years, no mention whatsoever of being sexually assaulted etc etc. Several of her ex boyfriend's statements are completely verifiable, where did she live, airplane travel records etc. The ex boyfriend also signed an affidavit under threat of perjury.
                    There is no scientific evidence that anyone, whether knowledgeable on self hypnosis or not, can defeat a polygraph test. Otherwise no one would be doing polygraph tests. The fact that you would consider this "evidence" gives you zero credibility in this debate.

As for Ford actually flying or living in a small apartment, sometimes people realize that they must directly tackle their fears head on. That doesn't mean they still don't HAVE those fears.

Sure, and if the economy was tanking you would be saying "thanks Trump". The top 100 money managers supported Trump in October 2016 including chess patron Rex Sinquefield not because they liked Trump but they knew his economic policies would be very conducive to a thriving US economy and they have been proven correct. I would trust in their analysis far more then anything you have to say on this and in fact i posted this fact here on Chesstalk in October 2016.
                    You go ahead and trust what you want to trust, but inflation is coming and it's not clear that the Fed will be able to control it. Top 100 money managers?? HA HA!!!!! Where were they when Lehman collapsed, Bear Stearns collapsed, AIG collapsed! What a joke.

You cite how great the economy is doing... you fail to realize that Trump has employed his favorite tactic from his business days, which is to borrow money and temporarily make things look good. But it all catches up to him, as his 5 bankruptcies attest. So I suppose when inflation and interest rates are limiting government expenditures to the point where things start grinding to a halt, he'll do what, take advantage of the system and default on America's foreign debt? Yes, he said during his campaign he would consider such a preposterous notion. I hope you and Rex Sinquefield are ready for the aftermath of THAT, since you voted for it!
                    Last edited by Paul Bonham; Monday, 8th October, 2018, 01:20 AM.
                    Onward flies the bird.

Comment

Since you suggest no evidence exists of Hillary's crimes i see nothing that suggest's that you have even bothered to study the massive amounts of evidence out there.The book Clinton Cash is very compelling, for starters, as well as Wikileaks emails that reveals among other things massive embezzlement from the so called charity The Clinton Foundation.
                      By this standard that you are using, the current NY Times report, 18 months in the making, that the entire Trump family has been cheating on their taxes for decades should likewise be used to impeach Trump for high crimes and misdemeanors. And they have more coming out soon!
                      Onward flies the bird.

Comment

By this standard that you are using, the current NY Times report, 18 months in the making, that the entire Trump family has been cheating on their taxes for decades should likewise be used to impeach Trump for high crimes and misdemeanors. And they have more coming out soon!
                        Just like Hillary Clinton this is being investigated and due process will prevail. It is possible that items will be disallowed and Trump's family will have to pay back taxes, however, criminally indicting and convicting for actual tax evasion is much more complex and rarely happens, most of the time tax authorities simply want money.

Comment

But of course the friends of Kavanaugh who were in the room as Ford was being assaulted are not going to claim any recollection and thus incriminate themselves. Duh! And Ford's lifelong friend isn't going to remember the party because from her viewpoint nothing happened. Do you remember everything you did during your high school years?

But approximately 20 other witnesses who did claim to remember the party were not allowed to be part of the FBI investigation. Again, there may have to be a Grand Jury into how much influence Trump played in that decision.

There is no scientific evidence that anyone, whether knowledgeable on self hypnosis or not, can defeat a polygraph test. Otherwise no one would be doing polygraph tests. The fact that you would consider this "evidence" gives you zero credibility in this debate.

As for Ford actually flying or living in a small apartment, sometimes people realize that they must directly tackle their fears head on. That doesn't mean they still don't HAVE those fears.

You go ahead and trust what you want to trust, but inflation is coming and it's not clear that the Fed will be able to control it. Top 100 money managers?? HA HA!!!!! Where were they when Lehman collapsed, Bear Stearns collapsed, AIG collapsed! What a joke.

You cite how great the economy is doing... you fail to realize that Trump has employed his favorite tactic from his business days, which is to borrow money and temporarily make things look good. But it all catches up to him, as his 5 bankruptcies attest. So I suppose when inflation and interest rates are limiting government expenditures to the point where things start grinding to a halt, he'll do what, take advantage of the system and default on America's foreign debt? Yes, he said during his campaign he would consider such a preposterous notion. I hope you and Rex Sinquefield are ready for the aftermath of THAT, since you voted for it!
                          ]But approximately 20 other witnesses who did claim to remember the party were not allowed to be part of the FBI investigation
                          Dr Ford testified to a small gathering of 5 maybe 6 people. All of the four so called witnesses cited by Dr Ford were interviewed. Why stop at only 20 people that claimed were at the 6 person party? Maybe the Dems should have 1000 people claim they were there, that way it would take the FBI 100 years to do an investigation!

Intelligence services routinely train operatives on how to defeat polygraph tests. The most famous case was KGB mole Aldrich Ames who consistently defeated polygraph tests administered by the CIA. You really don't know what you are talking about here.

you go ahead and trust what you want to trust, but inflation is coming and it's not clear that the Fed will be able to control it. Top 100 money managers?? HA HA!!!!! Where were they when Lehman collapsed, Bear Stearns collapsed, AIG collapsed! What a joke.
                          Yes, despite some rogue elements precipitating the 2008 finanicial crisis , this group of money managers including Rex Sinquefield navigated these treacherous waters very well and prospered. Here in New York a famous trader named John Paulson that lives across the street from me made enormous profits betting against what a group of idiotic traders at AIG et al were doing in 2008. Why would I trust someone like you who's financial track record is non existent , you have no background educational or otherwise in finance or the economy and yet you are arrogant enough to think that you are smarter then the entire street and the scores of public servants involved in the economic decisions for this country.... that my friend is the real joke.
                          Your analysis of the economy is pathetically inadequate and wreaks of no education in this area. Just like in rapidly growing companies in a rapidly growing economy debt will increase, that is why the more important indicator is the debt to GDP ratio. The GDP is growing rapidly that is indicative of the desired lowering of this ratio. That is why we are not seeing anything even close to runaway inflation and very modest interest rate increases being used as a inflationary counter measure.
                          I hope the Dems never take control of the house and attempt to undo all the great work done to make the economy prosper by so many that has been accomplished in the last few years.
                          Last edited by Sid Belzberg; Monday, 8th October, 2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Polygraphs are not admissible as evidence precisely because they are not scientifically based. If you can control your physiology which most people can do with training you can defeat a polygraph. The polygraph administered to Ms. Ford was somewhat of a joke. The questions she was asked simply related to the statement she gave at the time of the polygraph and asked if it was true. The statement does not name Kavanaugh except by first name.

Originally posted by Business Insider
                            "Two key questions from Ford's polygraph test were: "Is any part of your statement false?" and "Did you make up any part of your statement?"

Ford answered both of these questions with a "no" after giving her account of the party where she claims the assault occurred." Business Insider. September 26, 2018,
                            In fact, those were the only two questions asked according to an interview of the polygraph test administrator. The charts and full results were not made available to the Senate Judiciary Committee despite repeated requests.

The statement that she was saying was not false only says that some time in the 1980s Brett and Mark pushed her into a room and Brett groped her and attempted to remove clothes. No last names are given. No date or location are given. The people who she says were there deny that such a party or incident ever happened. She said, they said, end of story.

One of the ways to defeat a polygraph is to make yourself truly believe that a story is true through self hypnosis and telling yourself a story that you come to believe. Much of the supporting evidence and related background story that Ms. Ford has given are factually challenged to say the least. Also interesting is that she scrubbed her social history which no doubt would have shown her involvement in the women's march and other left wing causes. She lied or misremembered the reasons for attending psychotherapy as she claimed it had to do with her desire for a second entrance in 2012 which was actually installed in 2008 and had more to do with a tenant's requirements than it did with her.
                            Last edited by Vlad Drkulec; Monday, 8th October, 2018, 10:57 AM.

Comment

In any case, remember ....

Kavanaugh. It's Russia's fault!!

How the Republicans and Russia are re-making the Supreme Court.

It's.
                              Always.
                              Russia's.
                              fault!

lololol! The stupid! It burns!
                              Last edited by Nigel Hanrahan; Monday, 8th October, 2018, 12:49 PM. Reason: lol
                              Dogs will bark, but the caravan of chess moves on.

Comment

That's simply ignorance, you simply don't want to see evidence including any evidence that happens to be hosted by Youtube on the grounds that it
                                consists of only "nutcase" posts.
                                Get back to me when she is charged and convicted, which I predict will be never, because any competent prosecutor will understand that there is no case, unlike the situation for several of Drumpf's close associates and "friends".

Unlike you, I can state what event would cause me to change my mind, whereas no amount of contradictory evidence will change yours - or so I predict.

Comment

Working...
                                X