X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aurora Fall Swiss (Oct. 20-21) - Blog

Aurora Fall Swiss (Oct. 20-21) - Blog

Rds. 1-3 - 18/10/20 (Saturday)

Bob's Chess Blog # 1 (Part I of 2 parts)

(See Knight Logo below)

Organizer: Aurora Chess Club (http://www.aucc.club/)

- Being played at the Old Town Hall, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada.

- 5 rounds in 5 sections: Master, U 2000; U 1600; U 1300; U 900 Juniors Only.

Note: The next sections are usually a template. I repeat them in each Blog....They concern the History & Future of my Blogging. Please refer to Part I of the Blog below if you are a new reader. In this case, I will not repeat the template.

The First Day (A 2-day tournament; 3 Rds. on Sat.; 2 Rds. on Sunday)

My main principal residence is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and that is where I am at the moment.

I went to bed about 11:00 PM on Friday, which is pretty early for me. I awoke today at 5:00 AM, before my alarm.

I got up, got my morning coffee, and started my morning routine on my old laptop in my home office, which I follow whether I am playing in chess tournaments or not (For my regular readers, this list is a template that appears in all my blogs; so you can skip down if so inclined):

1. Check for e-mails and Fb messages;

2. Check new posts/comments on CT;

3. Checked my Twitter feed to see what had been happening in the world (I follow numerous mainstream media from countries around the world, such as CBC, NBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post, France 24, China Daily, Al Jezeera (English), Japan Times, Sputnik News, The Guardian, etc.)

4. Update my company's Fb page, Canadian Life Consulting (CLC) - https://www.facebook.com/Canadian-Li...ing-16406543…/. I do this by checking some of my Fb friends timelines for posts to "share" and my Twitter inbox for articles to re-post onto CLC.

5. Update the discussion group formed under my company page, called Canadian Life Consulting Cooperative Supporters' Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2042495809374373/. I update it by sharing some more discussable of the posts now on the CFC page.

6. Update this Fb world events/life discussion group that I have created here on my own personal Fb account, called PEERS (A Discussion Club of Equals) - Fb URL above. I do this by also sharing some of the CLC page posts. But I also share some of my sources posts directly to this discussion club.

7. I share at least one chess post per day to my Fb Chess Chat group, formed under my personal Fb account - see Fb URL above.

8. When I find them, I share discussable religious posts to my religious Fb Group, Theist Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1052227598173591/. Sometimes these also appear in PEERS.

Sometime during this process, I got my breakfast; I often eat it at the computer, if I am up before my wife.

As well, I tend to go back and forth between my routine items and my own personal life tasks to be done that day, throughout the whole day.

Heading Out

I then drove my wife to her potters' cooperative workshop for the day (She is an amateur potter, and her studio has their Fall Sale in a few weeks; so my wife is trying to meet deadlines).

Then I headed for Newmarket. It was an easy and fast drive right up the Don Valley Parkway and Hwy. 404. I got some gas on the way (I had noticed that I was quite down). I got into the playing hall about 8:45 AM - announcements were to be at 9:15 AM, and the 1st round was going to start right at 9:30 AM.

Pre-Rd. 1

On the main floor, where the two bottom sections played, I met my chess friend, Colin Archibald - we have both been weekend warriors for many moons now. Colin plays in the U 1300 section. We talked a bit about how tournament sections had changed, and how good it was now that many organizers have low-rated junior only sections.

On the second floor, where the top 3 sections played, I met the arbiter, from the Aurora CC, Egis Zeromskis. I explained why I had been such a late entry - Egis, knowing my general schedule, had not been expecting me to show up. While we were talking, organizer Gary Hua joined us - he has an organizing private company, Elevate My Chess, that started only a short while ago...he indicated that it was going well so far, and he was pleased. I also met another member of the organizing committee, Brian Prost, along with the fourth member whom I've met before at Aurora tournaments when I've been able to add them in, Oman (Hope I've got this right - if not, he can rib me tomorrow!).

When I got into the hall, I met Doug Gillis, an Aurora CC member, and former member of my Scarborough CC (SCC) - we talked about a mutual chess friend who is having health problems, and also about the regular Seniors Round Robin he plays in weekly in Richmond Hill.

Then Mark Bercovici of SCC and I got into a conversation about how the human brain is hard-wired against "change", and Mark added in that in evolution, it is amazing that certain minerals have been critical - for example iron.......one never knows what conversations one might have at a chess tournament!

I then went downstairs to see the playing space for the two bottom sections, and met Chris Tapping, Chair of the AuCC Tournament Cttee. He explained a bit about the new location and that they were all quite pleased about it. I confirmed this, and noted that I felt they had been very professional in the organizing of this tournament (Which they always have been).

Then I chatted briefly with Undriadi Benggawan - we had already made arrangements to go to lunch if we both finished in decent time. I saw Mario Moran-Venegas, and Undriadi and I had intended to invite him to join us, and he was interested.

[See Part II below]

Bob A
    Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Sunday, 21st October, 2018, 07:58 AM.

Bob's Chess Blog # 1 (Part II of 2 parts)

(See Knight Logo below)

My Chess Report for the U 2000 Section

I am rated 1519. I am in the 2nd of the 5 sections. I was # 32 out of 32, if the floaters weren't counted! Was going to be a challenge, playing up every game.

Rd. 1

It started right on time after the announcements. I played a young junior boy from SCC, Austin Xie (We had played once before when he was a bit younger. Here is our game:

[Event "Aurora Fall Open (U 2000)"]
    [Site "?"]
    [Date "2018.10.20"]
    [Round "1"]
    [White "Armstrong, Robert J."]
    [Black "Xie, Austin"]
    [Result "0-1"]
    [ECO "D02"]
    [WhiteElo "1519"]
    [BlackElo "1686"]
    [Annotator "Doe,John"]
    [PlyCount "76"]
    [EventDate "2018.10.20"]
    [EventType "swiss"]
    [EventRounds "5"]

1. d4 d5 2. Nf3 Nf6 3. e3 c5 4. c4 Nc6 5. Bd3 Bg4 6. dxc5 e5 7. h3 Bxf3 8. gxf3 Bxc5 9. Rg1 Rg8 10. cxd5 Qxd5 11. Nc3 Bb4 12. e4 Qd4 13. Qc2 O-O-O 14. Bb5 Qc5 15. Bxc6 Qxc6 16. Bd2 Nd7 17. O-O-O Nc5 18. Nd5 Bxd2+ 19. Rxd2 Rd7 20. Rgd1 Na4 21. Nf6 $4 Rxd2 22. Qxc6+ bxc6 23. Nxg8 Rxd1+ 24. Kxd1 Kd7 25. Kc2 Ke8 26. Kb3 Nb6 27. Kb4 Kf8 28. Nh6 gxh6 29. Kc5 Na4+ 30. Kxc6 Nxb2 31. Kb5 Ke7 32. a4 Nxa4 33. Kxa4 Kf6 34. h4 Kg6 35. Ka5 Kh5 36. Ka6 Kxh4 37. Kxa7 Kg5 38. Kb6 h5 0-1

I started out quite well against Austin, and you can see the opening was kind of messy. By move 20, I had good attack pressure on the Q-side (He had castled long). But on move 21 I came up with a multiple exchange sac line that was supposed to win me a P when all the smoke cleared. But I miscalculated, and my N got trapped on the 8th rank. Eventually Austin had to sac back his N to stop my passed P. But by then I had a lost ending.

I finished the game a bit early, so I watched mainly the games in our section. Undriadi advised after a while, that his game was looking long, and that Mario and I should just go for lunch without him - he was going to finish too late.

So then Mario and I headed out for one of his favourite sushi places (He teaches a class in Newmarket for Chess 'n Math Association). We caught up on family stuff, talked a bit about our round one games, etc. Then we headed back to the hall about 1:30 PM. Rd. 2 was scheduled to start at 2:00 PM, but with the increment, a Master Section game went on 'til a bit after 2:00 PM.

So John Jordan and I (From our section - we had played against each other many years earlier) went out into the hallway, and chatted about farming (My wife and I own a hobby farm about 3 hours northwest of Toronto, called Spirits' Den). My friend Toy Kwan (From SCC) then joined us, and he had not met John previously (John had come down from Parry Sound).

Rd. 2

Surprisingly, Undriadi and I faced each other - we had only played once previously, I believe. Here is our game:

[Site "?"]
    [Date "2018.10.20"]
    [Round "2"]
    [White "Benggawan, Undriade"]
    [Black "Armstrong, Robert J."]
    [Result "1-0"]
    [ECO "A80"]
    [WhiteElo "1645"]
    [BlackElo "1519"]
    [PlyCount "43"]
    [EventDate "2018.10.20"]
    [EventType "swiss"]
    [EventRounds "5"]

1. d4 f5 2. Bf4 Nf6 3. e3 e6 4. Nd2 Be7 5. c3 O-O 6. Bd3 b6 7. Qb3 Bb7 8. f3 Nd5 9. Nf1 Bg5 10. Nh3 Nxf4 11. exf4 Bh4+ 12. Ng3 Nc6 13. O-O Kh8 14. Qc2 Rg8 15. d5 Ne7 16. dxe6 dxe6 17. Rfe1 Qd6 18. Rad1 Qc5+ 19. Kh1 Nd5 20. Rxe6 Ne3 21. Rxe3 Qxe3 22. Nxf5 1-0

I tried to mount a K-side attack quite early, and made some progress but then stalled. I had seen a nice P-push Undriadi had, but there was an answer, so it seemed to leave my mind. Undriadi then made a move that made the pawn move deadly, and I didn't realize it. The simple centre pawn move on move 15 was the winning move......my position just collapsed.

So I now had two goose-eggs going into Rd. 3.

Between rounds I chatted briefly with Zdravko Barbarich. Many years ago we had played in the same Toronto Seniors Chess Championship up at the Willowdale CC in Toronto.

Rd. 3

Here is my game:

[Site "?"]
    [Date "2018.10.20"]
    [Round "3"]
    [Black "Sharma, Vishruth"]
    [Result "1-0"]
    [ECO "E85"]
    [WhiteElo "1519"]
    [BlackElo "1655"]
    [Annotator "Doe,John"]
    [PlyCount "79"]
    [EventDate "2018.10.20"]
    [EventType "swiss"]
    [EventRounds "5"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 Bg7 4. e4 d6 5. f3 O-O 6. Be3 Nbd7 7. Nge2 e5 8. d5 a5 9. g4 Nc5 10. Ng3 Ne8 11. h4 Bd7 12. Qd2 Qc8 13. h5 f5 14. Bh6 fxg4 15. hxg6 hxg6 16. Bxg7 Nxg7 17. Qh6 Rxf3 18. Qxg6 Rxg3 19. Rh7 Qf8 20. Qh6 Kf7 21. Qh5+ Ke7 22. Qg5+ Ke8 23. Rxg7 Be6 24. dxe6 Nxe6 25. Qg6+ Kd8 26. Rg8 Ke7 27. Nd5+ Kd7 28. Qh7+ Kc6 29. Rxf8 Rxf8 30. Qe7 Rg1 31. O-O-O Rfxf1 32. Rxf1 Rxf1+ 33. Kd2 g3 34. Ne3 Rf2+ 35. Ke1 Nd4 36. Kd1 Rxb2 37. Qe8+ Kb6 38. Qg8 Rxa2 $4 39. c5+ Kxc5 40. Qxa2 1-0

I attacked pretty quickly out of the opening. I then sacked 2 P's and an N, believing I could win his Q, which I did. But down R vs Q + 2 P's, young Vishruth played well, and was threatening to queen a P, as well as playing for drawing chances. But then at the end on move 38 he made a blunder, and the game was over.

Post Rd. 3 - U 2000 - Leaders

There are 34 players (Including 2 Floaters). The Leaders are:

1st/2nd - 3/3 pts. (Won all games) - Ajith Desikan (1840); Ferdinand Supsup (1773).

3rd/4th - 2.5/3 pts. (Undefeated) - Junior Boy Youhe Huang (1812); Jr. Boy Sihao Chen (1606).

My Score

1/3 pts. (33%) - Win: 1 (Rd. 3); Losses: 2 (Rds. 1 & 2).

My Opponents & My Scores

2/3 pts. - Jr. Boy Austin Xie (1686) - I lost in Rd. 1.

1.5/3 pts. - Undriadi Benggawan (1645) - I lost in Rd. 2.

1/3 pts. - Me (1519)

0/3 pts. - Jr. Boy Vishruth Sharma (1655) - I won in Rd. 3.

Invitation

I am most happy to interact with readers re anything about what I have posted.....so react, comment, reply, post, etc. - both favourable comments and constructive criticism....I will do my best to respond to everyone. So jump in with both feet, and we'll all enjoy the blogging adventure!

Bob A

Comment

Rds. 4-5 - 18/10/21 (Sunday)

Bob's Chess Blog # 2 (Part I of 2 parts)

(See Knight Logo below)

The Tournament

Organizer: Aurora Chess Club (http://www.aucc.club/)

- Being played at the Old Town Hall, Newmarket, Ontario, Canada. It is a really great chess facility.

Structure: 5 rounds in 5 sections.

Registration: 168 (Master: 29; U 2000: 32; U 1600: 33; U 1300: 45; U 900 Juniors Only: 29). What is interesting to note from my Blog point of view is that almost 2/3 of the tournament players are U 1600! So I think my theory holds that there is a market for blogging what is happening in the class sections.

Note: The next sections are usually a template. I repeat them in each Blog....They concern the History & Future of my Blogging. Please refer to Part I of the recent Scarborough Chess Blog below (18/10/18) if you are a new reader. In this case, I will not repeat the template.

The Second Day (A 2-day tournament; 3 Rds. on Sat.; 2 Rds. on Sunday)

My main principal residence is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and that is where I am at the moment.

I went to bed about 1:00 AM on Sunday morning, and awoke at 5:15 AM, before my alarm. During tournaments, it is not unusual for me to sleep quite short (4 1/4 hrs.)

I got up, got my morning coffee, and started my morning routine on my old laptop in my home office, which I follow whether I am playing in chess tournaments or not (For my regular readers, this routine list below is a template that appears in all my blogs; so you can skip down if so inclined; if there is any new variant, I'll draw your attention to it below it):

1. Check for e-mails and Fb messages;

2. Check new posts/comments on CT;

3. Checked my Twitter feed to see what had been happening in the world (I follow numerous mainstream media from countries around the world, such as CBC, NBC, The New York Times, The Washington Post, France 24, China Daily, Al Jezeera (English), Japan Times, Sputnik News, The Guardian, etc.)

4. Update my company's Fb page, Canadian Life Consulting (CLC) - https://www.facebook.com/Canadian-Li...ing-16406543…/. I do this by checking some of my Fb friends timelines for posts to "share" and my Twitter inbox for articles to re-post onto CLC.

5. Update the discussion group formed under my company page, called Canadian Life Consulting Cooperative Supporters' Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/2042495809374373/. I update it by sharing some more discussable of the posts now on the CFC page.

6. Update this Fb world events/life discussion group that I have created here on my own personal Fb account, called PEERS (A Discussion Club of Equals) - Fb URL above. I do this by also sharing some of the CLC page posts. But I also share some of my sources posts directly to this discussion club.

7. I share at least one chess post per day to my Fb Chess Chat group, formed under my personal Fb account - see Fb URL above.

8. When I find them, I share discussable religious posts to my religious Fb Group, Theist Community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1052227598173591/. Sometimes these also appear in PEERS.

Sometime during this process, I got my breakfast; I often eat it at the computer, if I am up before my wife. I also did the last re-post of Saturday's Blog # 1 to Chess Talk. I also looked up my Rd. 4 pairing on ChessResults, where Aurora CC had all information posted in a timely manner.

As well, I tend to go back and forth between my routine items and my own personal life tasks to be done that day, throughout the whole day.

Heading Out

About 9:00 AM I then headed for Newmarket. It was an easy and fast drive right up the Don Valley Parkway and Hwy. 404. At the parking lot, I met Toy Kwan, a friend and member of my Scarborough CC in Toronto.

Pre - Round 4

We got into the playing hall about 9:45 AM.

On the second floor we ran into the Chairperson of the AuCC Tournament Committee, Chris Tapping - Toy knew him since he has played regularly in AuCC tournaments since his return to chess only a little while ago. Chris said he was quite pleased with the way the tournament had gone the first day.

I also have a correction to make to my Saturday Blog. One of the four members of the Tournament Committee is Amon (I sort of massacred his name last blog) - my apologies.

Rd. 4.

The round started @ 10:00 AM.

Post Rd. 4.

I watched some games for a while after my game.

Then I went to lunch with 3 of my chess friends, Mario Moran-Venegas, Undriadi Benggawan and Toy. We chatted about the FIDE World Seniors Championship in Europe, and the World Amateur Seniors (Organized by another chess organization, in Greece this year). We also got into a conversation about the game "Go", which originally was created in China (I had always thought of it as a Japanese game, but it came there later). Mario had once been President of the Canadian Go Association, and is a master go player. We also discussed how now it is possible for someone to make chess a financial career (As Mario does), by teaching (Both for organizations and having private students). We got back to the hall just before the last round was to start at 2:30 PM, but we found board 1 in the Master Section was still going on between IM Nikolay Noritsyn and FM Victor Plotkin (Which Nikolay did win).

I briefly talked to Chris again, and we discussed this issue of an extended game due to increments - but there is no easy answer to this today, and he said the following rounds are generally not delayed too long, given their round scheduling.

Rd. 5

They started Rd. 5 almost immediately after that extended game concluded.

Post Rd. 5

After Rd. 5, I watched the games, mostly in my section, until I had the results that gave me the section winners.

Heading Home

About 7:00 PM I headed for Toronto.

When I got home, I then drove my wife to her potters' cooperative workshop to get some of her recently completed potter (She is an amateur potter, and her studio has their Fall Sale in a few weeks; so my wife is trying to meet deadlines).

We got back at about 9:00 PM, and I did a few things on the computer, but was too tired to do this Blog # 2. So I did it early Monday morning.

My Chess Report for the U 2000 Section

I am rated 1519. I am in the 2nd of the 5 sections. I was # 32 out of 32, if the floaters weren't counted (I was "playing up" in the stronger section above).

This was proving to be a challenge, playing up every game. At the start of Rd. 4, I had 2 losses and only 1 win.

And then I lost both Rds. 4 & 5.

So for only the second time in my almost 55 years of playing chess, my rating is going to dip briefly below 1500. But it will shortly bounce back up over 1500 again, because I am doing well in both my Toronto club tournaments now just finishing. But, of course, like all chess players, the rating doesn't matter!! LOL

[See Part II below]

Bob A
      Last edited by Bob Armstrong; Monday, 22nd October, 2018, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Bob's Chess Blog # 1 (Part II of 2 parts)

[See Part I above]

Rd. 4

I played a young junior boy, Aaron Liu. Here is our game:

[Event "Aurora Fall Swiss (U 2000)"]
        [Site "?"]
        [Date "2018.10.21"]
        [Round "4"]
        [White "Liu, Aaron"]
        [Black "Armstrong, Robert J."]
        [Result "1-0"]
        [ECO "B27"]
        [WhiteElo "1583"]
        [BlackElo "1519"]
        [Annotator "Armstrong, Robert J."]
        [PlyCount "77"]
        [EventDate "2018.10.21"]
        [EventType "swiss"]
        [EventRounds "5"]

1. e4 g6 2. d4 Bg7 3. Nf3 c5 4. Be3 Qb6 5. b3 Nc6 6. c3 Nf6 {For some unknown reason, I thought I was going to get 3 P's for my coming sacrifice, but I got only 2 - so now I had to fight like crazy to try to hold a draw (sigh).} 7. dxc5 Qa5 8. b4 Nxb4 9. cxb4 Qxb4+ 10. Qd2 Qxd2+ 11. Nbxd2 Nxe4 12. Rc1 Nxd2 13. Kxd2 O-O 14. Bc4 d5 15. cxd6 Rd8 16. Rhd1 exd6 {If I have any chance to win, it has to be by queening a passed P, or at least, forcing Aaron to sac to stop it.} 17. Ke2 Be6 18. Bxe6 fxe6 {now I no longer had an isolated passed P.} 19. Ng5 e5 20. Ne6 Rd7 21. Nxg7 ({During the game, I had thought this was the better N-move.} 21. Nc5) 21... Kxg7 22. Rd5 Kf6 23. Rcd1 Ke6 24. Bc5 Rc8 25. Rxd6+ Rxd6 26. Rxd6+ Ke7 27. Rc6+ Kd7 28. Rxc8 Kxc8 29. Bxa7 b5 30. Bc5 Kd7 31. Ke3 Kc6 32. Bb4 Kd5 33. a3 h5 34. h4 e4 35. Kf4 Kd4 36. Kg5 e3 37. fxe3+ Kxe3 38. Kxg6 Kf2 39. Kxh5 1-0

See my light annotations to see what some of my thinking was during the game.

Rd. 5

Here is my game against Henry Hughes:

[Site "?"]
        [Date "2018.10.21"]
        [Round "5"]
        [Black "Hughes, Henry"]
        [Result "0-1"]
        [ECO "D94"]
        [WhiteElo "1519"]
        [BlackElo "1644"]
        [Annotator "Armstrong, Robert J."]
        [PlyCount "106"]
        [EventDate "2018.10.21"]
        [EventType "swiss"]
        [EventRounds "5"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. c4 g6 3. Nc3 d5 4. e3 c6 5. Nf3 a6 6. a4 Bg7 7. Be2 O-O 8. O-O Bg4 9. c5 {I believe I have seen before that the computer says this is generally an inferior Q-side strategy, but it looked good to me, so I decided to over-ride what I thought the computer instruction was - do this often - and do end up in trouble - sometime, though, I just can't resist (sigh)} Nbd7 10. b4 Qc7 11. Bb2 Rfe8 12. h3 Bxf3 13. Bxf3 e5 14. Qd2 exd4 15. exd4 Nf8 16. b5 Ne6 17. bxc6 bxc6 18. a5 h5 19. Na4 Kh7 20. Nb6 Ra7 21. Rae1 Bh6 22. Qc2 {This puts a pin on the g6P, but it never did amount to anything since the f6N stopped any attempt to win the hP.} Ng5 23. Be2 Re4 24. Qd3 Ne6 25. Bf3 Nf4 26. Qc2 Rxe1 27. Rxe1 Kg7 28. Re5 Rb7 29. Bc1 Rb8 30. g3 {I was sure the N was trapped if it took the hP (And I was right!)} Nxh3+ {Henry goes up a P.} 31. Kg2 Bxc1 32. Qxc1 Ng4 {nice move; it will lead to Henry having R + P vs B + N! He will get a fork on d3 if I take the h3N!} 33. Bxg4 {I decided, wrongly I think now, on playing a P down, rather than R + P vs B + N.} hxg4 34. f3 f6 35. Re1 gxf3+ 36. Kxf3 {If I take the N, it is mate.} Ng5+ 37. Kg2 Ne4 38. Qe3 Rh8 39. Rf1 Qe7 40. Rh1 Rxh1 41. Kxh1 Qe6 42. Kg2 Ng5 43. Kf2 Qf5+ 44. Kg2 Qc2+ 45. Kf1 Ne4 {I still harboured hopes that if I could get my N into play, I might be able to draw if we got to Q's only on the board, and Henry being up just one P.} 46. g4 {An inaccuracy, losing my second P - I had only 2 min. left, and Henry had 4 min.} Qd1+ 47.Qe1 Qf3+ 48. Kg1 Qxg4+ 49. Kf1 Ng3+ 50. Kf2 Ne4+ 51. Kf1 Qf3+ 52. Kg1 g5 53. Nd7 {Bad blunder in a lost position} Qg4+ 0-1
        See my light annotations to see what some of my thinking was during the game.

Post Rd. 5 - U 2000 - Winners

There are 32 players (Including 1 Floater). The Winners are:

Rk. Name Rtg Pts.

1 Supsup Ferdinand 1738 5

2 Desikan Ajith 1840 4

3 Junior Boy Huang Youhe 1812 4

My Score

1/5 pts. (20%) - Win: 1 (Rd. 3); Losses: 4 (Rds. 1, 2, 4 & 5).

My Opponents & My Scores

3/5 pts. - Jr. Boy Austin Xie (1686) - I lost in Rd. 1.

2/5 pts. - Undriadi Benggawan (1645) - I lost in Rd. 2.

- Jr. Boy Vishruth Sharma (1655) - I won in Rd. 3.

1/5 pts. - Henry Hughes (1644) - I lost in Rd. 5.

- Jr. Boy Aaron Liu (1583) - I lost in Rd. 4.

- Me (1519)

Results in All Sections

For full final standings in all sections: ChessResults Website: http://chess-results.com/fed.aspx?lan=1&fed=CAN

Thanks

The tournament was a great social and chess outing! Thanks to the 4 Tournament Committee members, and all the volunteers they assembled to help move things along.

And thanks to those who have over the years, supported my blogging, and encouraged me to continue. I hope it was fun for all.

Bob A

Comment

I missed a tactic, instead of 42... Ng5 I could have played 42... Nxc5 and won a pawn

Comment

Working...
          X