Chesstalk CAPTCHA madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesstalk CAPTCHA madness

I tried to help a new member sign in to Chesstalk for the first time but after three unsuccessful attempts at deciphering the CAPTCHA where you are supposed to read the embedded characters and type them in, we gave up. Is this a way to weed out and keep out potential older members?

it doesn't work...
    I had tried getting on for over a month until Bob A finally managed to contact the forum admin and I was added onto the forum manually!

Comment

Thanks for the information. Perhaps I'm not as old as I felt trying to get that to work.

Comment

I believe 'Dark Knight' is the admin of this forum:

https://forum.chesstalk.com/forum/ch...ds/17323-hello

maybe he'll respond if you send him a distress Bat Signal via private message!

he should probably get a Robin to monitor things...can't grow a community+forum if you can't add new membership,

Click image for larger version

Name:	batman-hg-20110930.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	196408

Comment

I found Henry (Dark Knight) responded within a few days to my private messages to him.

Also, within a few days he responded to my "new" admin. question post - you might try a post with the subject: "Henry (Dark Knight) - Admin Question - Joining CT - Problem.

Bob A

Comment

Working...
          X